Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Correct. You moved the goal posts.
    No, I merely brought up an elite qb and compared him to ours and you DONT LIKE IT because the obvious is clear.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ehhh... Holmes is a very good WR and Sanchez would make Jerry Rice look like a scrub.

The TD by was a great play by Ben and Holmes and neither would make it happen without the other one doing something amazing.
    I can agree with this. Tone and Ben were a great combo

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Please show me a stat like this about Rogers.

Roethlisberger wound up one short of tying Cliff Stoudt's 1983 team record when he was sacked 50 times in 2009. He has been sacked 34 times this season, on pace for about the usual 45. Over four consecutive seasons (2006 through 2009), he was never sacked fewer than 46 times. That string ended last season when he served a four-game suspension and was sacked 32 times.

At this pace, Roethlisberger will be sacked more than any quarterback in history -- provided he survives to play that long -- even though opposing coaches and players often talk about how difficult it is to tackle him.

Roethlisberger's 308 ranks him fifth among active players behind Mark Brunell (390), Kerry Collins (337), Matt Hasselbeck (324) and Jon Kitna (323). Some others: Tom Brady 265, Joe Montana 313, Dan Marino 270, Peyton Manning 231, Steve Young 358.

Read more: [url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/sacks-of-trouble-for-big-ben-223299/#ixzz28IFOlcW3[/url]
    Notice slapstick couldnt refute this post. I didnt move the goal posts I KNOCKED THEM DOWN LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Rodgers was sacked a ton early in his career and lost his first playoff game on a sack fumble in OT if I recall correctly....

he learned from his mistakes and concussions that he couldn't take those types of hits and survive...

8 sacks in a half has to be a record. i noticed they went max protect the rest of the game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Rodgers took those sacks as a early starter. Once he learned to read defenses PRE SNAP then the numbers dropped. How many times did we get to him in the Super Bowl?

Ben is a sack machine waiting to happen. Its not the line, Its not Arians, its Ben and indecision. Vick is exactly the same way (slow to process the information) Lebeau needs to come at him OFTEN

Rookie

User Info Menu

Notice slapstick couldnt refute this post. I didnt move the goal posts I KNOCKED THEM DOWN LOL
    ...and then put them back up again in a completely different location, pretending that they had been in the new location all along...

It's okay to stick with one argument and then defend it, as opposed to simply changing the argument to something that you perceive as more defensible whenever you feel threatened...

Legend

User Info Menu

My original post was not about Rodgers. It was about Ben playing well for 3 quarters. Rodgers was mentioned so lets go there. Is Rodgers sacked as much as Ben? You cite ONE game. Ben got sacked NINE times vs the Eagles in 08. AGAIN, Rodgers DOES NOT take the sacks that Ben does. YOU LOSE
    Good job comparing Rodgers' game last week to a game Ben played 4 years ago (but while we're here, in that game, Ben got sacked 8 times...the Iggles 9th sack was of Byron Leftwich).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rodgers took those sacks as a early starter. Once he learned to read defenses PRE SNAP then the numbers dropped. How many times did we get to him in the Super Bowl?

Ben is a sack machine waiting to happen. Its not the line, Its not Arians, its Ben and indecision. Vick is exactly the same way (slow to process the information) Lebeau needs to come at him OFTEN
    It was Arians and Ben.... I know you won't admit it but Ben hasn't taken anywhere near the number of sacks this year... he is dumping it off, theories are shorter and the hot is recognizing when he is hot and making proper adjustments.

I also think we will see another clinic by Vick because our LB's and DB's are horrible when ot comes to lateral movement. Vick has lost a step but we always looks like Elway when he plays us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone got elways stats when he won SB MVP?

How about Eli's 1st?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ...and then put them back up again in a completely different location, pretending that they had been in the new location all along...

It's okay to stick with one argument and then defend it, as opposed to simply changing the argument to something that you perceive as more defensible whenever you feel threatened...
    I didnt change anything, I just added more evidence to the PILE that I have made in regards to our OFT sacked qb. You look for an "out' because you stepped in a big pile of doo doo and you cant get out and you need a way out. I understand.