Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    But its a 4 quarter game. Ben was shut out in the 4th and Carson made the big plays. I do see improvement in Bens game though. However, I would like to see how well he does vs a good defense before I say he has turned the corner. I like what I see though.
    This is the ORIGINAL post sir. VERY consistent to what I said about Eli/Brady. Moved the goal posts? You are reaching.

Rookie

User Info Menu

This is an example of changing the goal posts...

Aaron Rodgers doesnt take the sacks that Ben does. Ben is the most sacked qb in the league. Followed by Vick or Cutler. Rodgers has proven he is an elite decision maker.
    ...and then Rodgers gets sacked 8 times in a game...

Backup

User Info Menu

.....doods been getting his teeth kicked in for a wek, and he just keeps on coming.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    This is an example of changing the goal posts...

...and then Rodgers gets sacked 8 times in a game...
    My original post was not about Rodgers. It was about Ben playing well for 3 quarters. Rodgers was mentioned so lets go there. Is Rodgers sacked as much as Ben? You cite ONE game. Ben got sacked NINE times vs the Eagles in 08. AGAIN, Rodgers DOES NOT take the sacks that Ben does. YOU LOSE

Backup

User Info Menu

Please show me a stat like this about Rogers.

Roethlisberger wound up one short of tying Cliff Stoudt's 1983 team record when he was sacked 50 times in 2009. He has been sacked 34 times this season, on pace for about the usual 45. Over four consecutive seasons (2006 through 2009), he was never sacked fewer than 46 times. That string ended last season when he served a four-game suspension and was sacked 32 times.

At this pace, Roethlisberger will be sacked more than any quarterback in history -- provided he survives to play that long -- even though opposing coaches and players often talk about how difficult it is to tackle him.

Roethlisberger's 308 ranks him fifth among active players behind Mark Brunell (390), Kerry Collins (337), Matt Hasselbeck (324) and Jon Kitna (323). Some others: Tom Brady 265, Joe Montana 313, Dan Marino 270, Peyton Manning 231, Steve Young 358.

Read more: [url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/sacks-of-trouble-for-big-ben-223299/#ixzz28IFOlcW3[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

People STILL think that Ben should have won the MVP. Really? Lets look at the stats of the 2 objectively. In my opinion Holmes had excellent stats for a receiver. Does Ben have excellent stats for a quarterback? Of course he does

S. Holmes 9 131 1 40

B. Roethlisberger 21/30 256 1 1

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

People STILL think that Ben should have won the MVP. Really? Lets look at the stats of the 2 objectively. In my opinion Holmes had excellent stats for a receiver. Does Ben have excellent stats for a quarterback? Of course he does

S. Holmes 9 131 1 40

B. Roethlisberger 21/30 256 1 1
    Lets look at this way...Santonio Holmes dropped a sitter just before making the play of the game...Holmes was lucky that Ben came back to him. Holmes was not Ben's first read on that play. Ben made it happen.

Holmes is struggling with Sanchez as QB. Ben made Holmes look like all-pro. He ain't one though
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

My original post was not about Rodgers.
    Correct. You moved the goal posts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Lets look at this way...Santonio Holmes dropped a sitter just before making the play of the game...Holmes was lucky that Ben came back to him. Holmes was not Ben's first read on that play. Ben made it happen.

Holmes is struggling with Sanchez as QB. Ben made Holmes look like all-pro. He ain't one though
    ehhh... Holmes is a very good WR and Sanchez would make Jerry Rice look like a scrub.

The TD by was a great play by Ben and Holmes and neither would make it happen without the other one doing something amazing.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

So we should look at the Tones drop that DIDNT have an effect on the game and Disregard Bens PICK that did have an effect? Ben made it happen? Uh Ben ADMITTED that he thought he threw a pick and lost the game. Steve Sabol said the CATCH (not the throw) was the BEST in the history of the SUPER BOWL. Ben made Tone? I guess you forgot about Tone ability to run after the catch, that boosted Bens stats. Oh by the way Ben had his BEST statistical seasons WITH TONE (07,09). Everyone struggles with Sanchez, he is a backup. Again, Ben is better than a backup. Congratulations. Tone singlehandedly KILLED THE RAVENS. Ben only did Once. Fact

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s375nWjYzQg&feature=related[/url]