Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Im a "Ben hater" but its ironic that you cant post ONE lie that I have told on him. That being said. If what I post is the truth (and it must be because what I have said has not been refuted) then why are you upset with me? Be upset with Ben. He is providing the material. Eagles Defense is an elite D and will bring pressure. What will your excuse be after Ben plays mediocre? The Line, Haney, The refs, Bens shoulder, His foot, Dropped passes. Pick one
    Not upset with you at all my man. Wouldn't call you a liar either. Just think that you are off the mark with your criticism of Ben. You are obsessed with any play that doesn't turn out great because it's a desired outcome for you. You are already saying Ben WILL play medocre against Philly because you want it that way. You are a fanatic, and you are truly a Ben hater. No doubt about it.

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And what will be your excuse when he continues to play well?
    I will be happy as heck!!! I was the same way with a young Polamalu. He sucked early and I was JUST as critical of his play back then. Same with Santonio Holmes. I'm a Steeler fan, I want my guys to fullfil their potential. Oh by the way, Troy Polamalu is now my favorite player. He could easily be replaced by Ben if he became a consistent player.

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    troy has been less then average (considering his talent level) in 3 SBs as well

but, if someone came on here and said he sucks. i would defend him. i think most steeler fans would
    Based on what? Lack of turnovers? Troy changes plays just by being on the field. Its ironic that his peers hold him in high regard in NFL Network rankings. Troy is the best at his position by far. Perspective

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by virgilbosetti View Post
    Not upset with you at all my man. Wouldn't call you a liar either. Just think that you are off the mark with your criticism of Ben. You are obsessed with any play that doesn't turn out great because it's a desired outcome for you. You are already saying Ben WILL play medocre against Philly because you want it that way. You are a fanatic, and you are truly a Ben hater. No doubt about it.
    I want it that way? No, how about its because its a pattern. Since 04 Ben has played badly or mediocre against every good defense most of the time. I have the stats if you would like proof.Why do you think that he has played poorly in all Super Bowls? Its usually against a good defense. Call me a Ben hater all you like, this whole thread is textual proof that I substantiate what I say about him with stats. Oh by the way, I habitually cal Ben GOOD but not elite. A Ben hater would not admit that he was good.
    Last edited by stopplayn; 09-30-2012 at 12:33 PM.

You post that Ben almost threw a pick, or that the team didn't scoreagainst the Raiders in the 4th quarter.....or that he'll be mediocre againstthe Eagles. That doesn't prove anything. It’s called self reassurance....reassurance from doubt.

The only thing you prove is that you don't truly understand football, and that you hate Ben. Maybe you can change your nameto StopSayin?

Hall of Famer
    tom brady just threw the ball into a bills defender hands in the end zone.

he dropped the pass, next play pats run it in for a TD

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by virgilbosetti View Post
    You post that Ben almost threw a pick, or that the team didn't scoreagainst the Raiders in the 4th quarter.....or that he'll be mediocre againstthe Eagles. That doesn't prove anything. It’s called self reassurance....reassurance from doubt.

The only thing you prove is that you don't truly understand football, and that you hate Ben. Maybe you can change your nameto StopSayin?
    Its called stating the facts. The Eagles statement is called a prediction. I dont hate Ben but you want me to. If it will make you sleep better then I agree with you ok? lol

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    tom brady just threw the ball into a bills defender hands in the end zone.

he dropped the pass, next play pats run it in for a TD
    Trying to compare Ben to Brady? How about head to head? Brady leads despite being on a worse team. If Brady had Ben's team then the Steelers would win 70 straight. See how many points Brady scores? Yes, he does that consistently. You NEVER hear any offensive woes whear there is an elite Qb. You know in NE, NO,SD,NYG, Den,GB,ATL,Hou etc.

Hall of Famer
    you give ben anyone of those offenses (aside from SD and denver..what have they done recently) and he'll put up more points and "look good"

thats how there teams are built. atlanta last year traded up to #6 to draft one of the top receivers in the draft. someone who can beat even double teams with his size and speed.

and get this. they already had a good #1 receiver in roddy white

yet, mr eltie amtt ryan got shut out in the playoffs last year

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Trying to compare Ben to Brady? How about head to head? Brady leads despite being on a worse team. If Brady had Ben's team then the Steelers would win 70 straight. See how many points Brady scores? Yes, he does that consistently. You NEVER hear any offensive woes whear there is an elite Qb.
    Except in those last two SBs Brady played in...

I definitely heard some "offensive woes"...