Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Backup

User Info Menu

Now walk through the door. I'm waiting.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    What a lot of Ben haters forget about when it comes to that Super Bowl in 2005 was what Ben did the 3 games prior. All on the road. He nearly carried his team to that Super Bowl.

42-72 in passing at 68.3% for 680 yards and 7 TD's to only 1 INT and he also ran for another TD.
    Does the games leading up to the SB apply to all QB's or just Ben?

Ben is having a great year, has a great career as well... but any fan who defends his SB performances (outside of the last drive in 200 is smoking the crack.

It would be nice for the amazing Ben to show up in SB's from pregame to the last snap but it hasn't happened yet. He definitely gets credit for our success these last 8 years but the SB's(outside of the last drive in 200 were subpar performances considering his talent level.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It isn't a matter of simply having a good game...SB champions, like Ben, make decisive plays at critical points during those big games...

Although his passer rating was, like, 22 in XL, Ben definitely made critical throws and runs when he had to...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    it isn't a matter of simply having a good game...sb champions, like ben, make decisive plays at critical points during those big games...

Although his passer rating was, like, 22 in xl, ben definitely made critical throws and runs when he had to...
    $$$$$$post
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by virgilbosetti View Post
    Now walk through the door. I'm waiting.
    hahaha
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by virgilbosetti View Post
    But it doesn't change the fact that without his stellar play they would have never made it to the SB. Either way.....Sunday's game is a no brainier. Turnovers. Penalties and horrendous D.
    Thats an absolute statement. Do you have absolute proof that we wouldnt have made it without Ben? Lets see, the Ravens and Bucs can win a SB with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson but we cant win one with Leftwich or Batch. You are dellusional.

Its ironic that non of you mentioned the THREE picks that Ben threw right to Raider Linebackers and they all dropped them. Ben should have had 3 picks. But I digress

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Does the games leading up to the SB apply to all QB's or just Ben?

Ben is having a great year, has a great career as well... but any fan who defends his SB performances (outside of the last drive in 200 is smoking the crack.

It would be nice for the amazing Ben to show up in SB's from pregame to the last snap but it hasn't happened yet. He definitely gets credit for our success these last 8 years but the SB's(outside of the last drive in 200 were subpar performances considering his talent level.
    Just to Ben. Its sheer hypocrisy. When Peyton Manning plays well (Or Brady) leading up to the SB but lose, then they are chokers. But when Ben does it, there is always an excuse.
    Manning played lights out for 3 quarters JUST LIKE BEN DID VS OAK. But Manning failed in the end in the SB by throwing a pick 6 but he is a choker.
    Did the Steeler Nation feel the Same about Ben when he did the same thing vs the Broncos? No. There was an excuse. More hypocrisy

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Thats an absolute statement. Do you have absolute proof that we wouldnt have made it without Ben? Lets see, the Ravens and Bucs can win a SB with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson but we cant win one with Leftwich or Batch. You are dellusional.

Its ironic that non of you mentioned the THREE picks that Ben threw right to Raider Linebackers and they all dropped them. Ben should have had 3 picks. But I digress
    It's not 2000 or 2002 anymore...

These days, a team needs an elite QB to win the SB...Ben is an elite QB, thankfully...

Backup

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=stopplayn;525749]Thats an absolute statement. Do you have absolute proof that we wouldnt have made it without Ben? Lets see, the Ravens and Bucs can win a SB with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson but we cant win one with Leftwich or Batch. You are dellusional

Your arrogance offends me and the rate just went up 20%

Backup

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=virgilbosetti;525775]
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Thats an absolute statement. Do you have absolute proof that we wouldnt have made it without Ben? Lets see, the Ravens and Bucs can win a SB with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson but we cant win one with Leftwich or Batch. You are dellusional

Your arrogance offends me and the rate just went up 20%
    Translation: Your posts drip with knowledge and correct stats that I envy you to the eigth power. Ben didnt throw three passes RIGHT at the Raiders LBs and they dropped them all? Dont make me post it lol