Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 284

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

  1. #211
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    How many qbs are handed a THREE possesson lead and then LOSE IT. Thats the bigger question.

    how many other QBs play defense, besides ben?

  2. #212
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Because Eli didnt play his best. Eli played mediocre. I never said he played great. He is in the same boat as Ben. I'm very consistent. Unlike you guys

    Ben losses a lead and you blame the defense. Eli losses a lead and you blame Eli. You blame Brady or Peyton for the pick 6. When Ben did the same thing vs the Broncos, you blame the Defense.

    Sheer Hypocrisy.
    Hypocrisssy

    who blamed the defense for throwing the pick 6 vs denver?

  3. #213
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,510
    You measure a quaterback's worth in the clutch...when it has to get done. That's generally on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter or with the game on the line. Today, he continued his unbelievable performance on 3rd down and led us to a game-winning drive against a tough defense. No mistakes and clutch throws throughout the game. I especially loved his little fake pitch on that 9-yard scramble. He missed a couple throws and had some drops or his number would have been off the charts. I'm still wondering why his TD toss to Mendenhall is being counted as a run. It seemed like a clear forward pass.

    Regardless, Ben did a great job today. As usual.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  4. #214
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,537
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Dan Marino just said "Playing well against the best teams is part of being an outstanding quarterback"
    just curious, how many Super Bowls did Dan Marino win?

  5. #215
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,279
    how many sacks did 'stupid' ben allow today

  6. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    just curious, how many Super Bowls did Dan Marino win?
    Super Bowls are TEAM accolades not individual. How many Super Bowls has Ben Roethlisberger won? ZERO. However, the STEELERS have won 6 (2 with Ben). TEAMS win Super Bowls. However, IF Dan Marino was on this team and in his prime we would seldom lose. ALL experts say Marino is better than Ben. But I get it Ben is better. I get it I get it

  7. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    You measure a quaterback's worth in the clutch...when it has to get done. That's generally on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter or with the game on the line. Today, he continued his unbelievable performance on 3rd down and led us to a game-winning drive against a tough defense. No mistakes and clutch throws throughout the game. I especially loved his little fake pitch on that 9-yard scramble. He missed a couple throws and had some drops or his number would have been off the charts. I'm still wondering why his TD toss to Mendenhall is being counted as a run. It seemed like a clear forward pass.

    Regardless, Ben did a great job today. As usual.
    I agree and thats what I said to start this thread. Everyone said that Carson didnt outplay Ben even though IN THE CLUTCH Palmer scored 17 points in the 4th and Ben zero. This week Ben outduels Vick in the clutch so Ben outplayed him.

    I do see strides from Ben However, he still does not score enough points. Wallace, Brown all dropped nice passes to them (Wallace was on drugs. I would bench him a series on Thurs) Browns was a TD. But the fact remains that once again, when facing a top defense Ben has average stats 21/37 207 0 TD 0 INT. I didnt mention the 2 dropped picks (again) but....

    The D played well and Gave Ben THREE fumbles and one good return (rainey) and all we could muster was 16 points! The run by Mendenhall wasnt a pass. If you look at the play you will see that the line of scrimmage was the 20 or 21 yard line and Mendenhall caught the ball at the 22. This is a forward lateral and a run attempt not a pass attempt.

  8. #218
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,537
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    But I get it Ben is better. I get it I get it
    no, obviously you don't...


  9. #219
    Oh but I do. Ben is better than Jesus according to you guys SIGH

  10. #220
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,537
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Oh but I do. Ben is better than Jesus according to you guys SIGH
    at throwing a football probably yes, although I must admit I have never seen Jesus throw a football so I'm just assuming that...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •