Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    How many qbs are handed a THREE possesson lead and then LOSE IT. Thats the bigger question.

how many other QBs play defense, besides ben?

Hall of Famer
    Because Eli didnt play his best. Eli played mediocre. I never said he played great. He is in the same boat as Ben. I'm very consistent. Unlike you guys

Ben losses a lead and you blame the defense. Eli losses a lead and you blame Eli. You blame Brady or Peyton for the pick 6. When Ben did the same thing vs the Broncos, you blame the Defense.

Sheer Hypocrisy.
    Hypocrisssy

who blamed the defense for throwing the pick 6 vs denver?

You measure a quaterback's worth in the clutch...when it has to get done. That's generally on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter or with the game on the line. Today, he continued his unbelievable performance on 3rd down and led us to a game-winning drive against a tough defense. No mistakes and clutch throws throughout the game. I especially loved his little fake pitch on that 9-yard scramble. He missed a couple throws and had some drops or his number would have been off the charts. I'm still wondering why his TD toss to Mendenhall is being counted as a run. It seemed like a clear forward pass.

Regardless, Ben did a great job today. As usual.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Dan Marino just said "Playing well against the best teams is part of being an outstanding quarterback"
    just curious, how many Super Bowls did Dan Marino win?

Hall of Famer
    how many sacks did 'stupid' ben allow today

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    just curious, how many Super Bowls did Dan Marino win?
    Super Bowls are TEAM accolades not individual. How many Super Bowls has Ben Roethlisberger won? ZERO. However, the STEELERS have won 6 (2 with Ben). TEAMS win Super Bowls. However, IF Dan Marino was on this team and in his prime we would seldom lose. ALL experts say Marino is better than Ben. But I get it Ben is better. I get it I get it

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    You measure a quaterback's worth in the clutch...when it has to get done. That's generally on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter or with the game on the line. Today, he continued his unbelievable performance on 3rd down and led us to a game-winning drive against a tough defense. No mistakes and clutch throws throughout the game. I especially loved his little fake pitch on that 9-yard scramble. He missed a couple throws and had some drops or his number would have been off the charts. I'm still wondering why his TD toss to Mendenhall is being counted as a run. It seemed like a clear forward pass.

Regardless, Ben did a great job today. As usual.
    I agree and thats what I said to start this thread. Everyone said that Carson didnt outplay Ben even though IN THE CLUTCH Palmer scored 17 points in the 4th and Ben zero. This week Ben outduels Vick in the clutch so Ben outplayed him.

I do see strides from Ben However, he still does not score enough points. Wallace, Brown all dropped nice passes to them (Wallace was on drugs. I would bench him a series on Thurs) Browns was a TD. But the fact remains that once again, when facing a top defense Ben has average stats 21/37 207 0 TD 0 INT. I didnt mention the 2 dropped picks (again) but....

The D played well and Gave Ben THREE fumbles and one good return (rainey) and all we could muster was 16 points! The run by Mendenhall wasnt a pass. If you look at the play you will see that the line of scrimmage was the 20 or 21 yard line and Mendenhall caught the ball at the 22. This is a forward lateral and a run attempt not a pass attempt.

But I get it Ben is better. I get it I get it
    no, obviously you don't...

Oh but I do. Ben is better than Jesus according to you guys SIGH

Oh but I do. Ben is better than Jesus according to you guys SIGH
    at throwing a football probably yes, although I must admit I have never seen Jesus throw a football so I'm just assuming that...