Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 284

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    SB XLIII? Have you forgotten?
    Our Defense scored a TD and kept high powered WARNER and FITZ/BOLDIN under wraps for THREE quarters while our offense SUCKED. That game should have been a blowout. It was close becaue our Offenses sucked. That last drive was MORE Tone than Ben. HENCE THE MVP

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Our Defense scored a TD and kept high powered WARNER and FITZ/BOLDIN under wraps for THREE quarters while our offense SUCKED. That game should have been a blowout. It was close becaue our Offenses sucked. That last drive was MORE Tone than Ben. HENCE THE MVP
    Yet, in the 4th quarter, after the defense gave up a lead, Ben Roethlisberger threw the winning TD pass to Santonio Holmes...as a result, the Steelers brought home a sixth Lombardi trophy...

    As you stated in the original post, it's a 4 quarter game...

    And, again, you defend a guy like Brady who lost the SB twice in similar circumstances...

    That's the hypocrisy...

  3. #123
    Tone had an a lot of yac and gets no credit for the Steeler Nation. Tone made a great catch and toe placement but gets no credit from Steeler Nation. However, the dropped pass in the endzone the Steeler Nation gives him credit for.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDpBG8Le0_k

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Tone had an a lot of yac and gets no credit for the Steeler Nation. Tone made a great catch and toe placement but gets no credit from Steeler Nation. However, the dropped pass in the endzone the Steeler Nation gives him credit for.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDpBG8Le0_k
    I gave Santonio credit then as I give him credit now...

    But, someone threw him the pass...

    Just as someone catches the passes of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc....

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yet, in the 4th quarter, after the defense gave up a lead, Ben Roethlisberger threw the winning TD pass to Santonio Holmes...as a result, the Steelers brought home a sixth Lombardi trophy...

    As you stated in the original post, it's a 4 quarter game...

    And, again, you defend a guy like Brady who lost the SB twice in similar circumstances...

    That's the hypocrisy...
    Gave up a lead that they HELPED get. They gave Ben a 20-7 cushion. I defend Brady because he has CONSISTENTLY played Elite and he put his team in position to win. He did his job. Brady doesnt play defense. He just got outplayed by Eli (Another Elite qb) No hypocrisy its the SAME standard I started the thread by. Eli outplayed Brady just like Ben was outplayed by Palmer. Now if I said that Brady outplayed Eli (which I did not) THEN you could claim hypocrisy

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I gave Santonio credit then as I give him credit now...

    But, someone threw him the pass...

    Just as someone catches the passes of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc....
    Did someone Help him run in excess of 30 yards of yac on that drive? THATS why he won the MVP. He did a lot more than just CATCH the ball

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Gave up a lead that they HELPED get. They gave Ben a 20-7 cushion. I defend Brady because he has CONSISTENTLY played Elite and he put his team in position to win. He did his job. Brady doesnt play defense. He just got outplayed by Eli (Another Elite qb) No hypocrisy its the SAME standard I started the thread by. Eli outplayed Brady just like Ben was outplayed by Palmer. Now if I said that Brady outplayed Eli (which I did not) THEN you could claim hypocrisy
    The hypocrisy is having a different standard for Ben as you do for the "elite", IYO, QBs...

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The hypocrisy is having a different standard for Ben as you do for the "elite", IYO, QBs...
    What standard is different? I said Eli outplayed Brady just like Palmer outplayed Ben. Eli won late therefore he outplayed Brady. HOW is that hypocrisy?

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    What standard is different? I said Eli outplayed Brady just like Palmer outplayed Ben. Eli won late therefore he outplayed Brady. HOW is that hypocrisy?
    But, that isn't how you started this thread...

    This is exactly what Eniparadoxgma meant by "moving the goalposts"...you simply pretend to ignore any evidence presented that disproves you, change your argument, and then behave as though the new argument is what you were saying all along...

  10. #130
    Its exactly how I started the thread. Youre mad because you cant corner me into your thought process. Sorry
    What evidence? Who disproved me?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •