Thread: Such an exciting player ... oops, another fumble. Never mind ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Such an exciting player ... oops, another fumble. Never mind ...

Is there some correlation between a playing style that we love to watch and admire ("...the guy never gives up, always fighting to the end") ... and losing games because of fumbles?

These fumbles ... today it was Dwyer, Brown twice, Wallace ... last game or two it was Redman a couple of times, etc. etc. Mendenhall isn't exactly known as Mr. Vise-Grip either.

These are all guys who won't go down, they fight for the last inch, and it's in that last few seconds that the fumbles happen. Ironically, I thought Wallace has having a "football player" kind of day for once, going across the middle and taking hits, instead of his usual "please allow me to collapse in a heap as I sense there may be a defender nearby with intentions of trying to tackle me" routine. Then of course, BOOM he coughs up a fumble. Can't win!

Is that a coaching thing?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

You need to rewatch the game.
    Wallace went down w/o taking hits today.
    Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not sure if it's coaching. I think it has more to do with a player always wanting to get more yardage and never giving up. It's a double-edge sword. Wallace has been criticized for going down easy or not wanting to make the extra effort and I'm guilty of saying it. But when they do make the extra effort, sometimes it goes badly. The Raiders were constantly trying to strip the ball today and were successful a few times. Stinks for us today, but other times it's paid off.