Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictions on the Mundy hit penalty and other fall out

Legend

User Info Menu

Predictions on the Mundy hit penalty and other fall out

To start, it did look like H2H on the replay to me. I'm not sure if he fully left his feet, or even what the definition of "launch" is, but from the replays I saw it was at least H2H, and so opens the door to whatever Goodell wants to do.

I'm guessing big bucks, suspension, AND the Steelers and/or coaches themselves getting penalized as well.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Suspend him, atleast it will get him OFF of the field. That can only be a plus for the Steelers at this point.

He doesn't have a history of penalties, I don't think, so I'm guessing a big fine and maybe suspension. Don't think the coaches get anything from it.

Legend

User Info Menu

i dont see anything he did wrong

its a violent game sometimes

Legend

User Info Menu

He'll be fined I'm sure, but no suspension is warranted IMO. Ed Reed just got away with a similar shot in the Pats game and drew no flag either.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Anyone just see E Reed just launch himself with two forearms to J Edelman's head. I think Mundy's helmet-to-helmet was incidental, he was going for a gut shot. Reed launched himself at the defenseless receiver's head. If Mundy gets equal to or more then Reed then something is unjust.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shouldn't be fined or suspended. Never left his feet. It's unfortunate but in the heat of the moment these type of hits can happen. The alternative is to let the guy catch a TD? Normal play in the course of the game. Just b/c someone gets hurt doesn't mean it should be an automatic fine. I will be disappointed if this gets any repreand.

Legend

User Info Menu

hate the friggin ravens, but i saw nothing wrong with reed's hit either

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought it was a "bang-bang" play & there was no "Hitting a Defensless Receiver" warranted & DHB's movement brought his head into the hit. That said...he'll get fined.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Administrator

User Info Menu

I didn't think it was H2H contact. Hit on defensive receiver? Maybe.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He'll get the standard $21K fine just because he's a Steeler...

No suspension...