Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Shaping up to be the Worst Steelers Defense...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,489

    Shaping up to be the Worst Steelers Defense...

    ...of my lifetime.

    I cannot recall the last time we had a defense which inspired such a lack of faith and confidence. I knew we would lose that game and Tomlin knew it too. Why else would we go for it deep in our own territory with 4 minutes left in the game?

    I blame LeBeau for being so passive and our players for not having the talent, desire, and fortitude to get the job done. It's actually tough to dole-out specific blame when all parties looked so atrocious.

    Heath had a solid game today, but Ben Roethlisberer is a one-man show at this point. The rest of the team doesn't deserve to draw a pay check.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,036
    Only 3 games and we had no Troy or Harrison.
    I think you are overreacting a little.
    What I havnt seen is Lebeau bring any pressure from DBs.
    Getting tired of watching the same cross blitzes by our LBers.
    Im sure in 2 weeks things will get better...
    It has to, we cant get any worse

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,479
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Only 3 games and we had no Troy or Harrison.
    I think you are overreacting a little.
    What I havnt seen is Lebeau bring any pressure from DBs.
    Getting tired of watching the same cross blitzes by our LBers.
    Im sure in 2 weeks things will get better...
    It has to, we cant get any worse

    The "father of the zone blitz" has become the "father of predictability"

    Like I said after last season. We needed two new coordinators. We came up one short.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,862
    The defense sucks. No pressure, gaping running lanes, and the usual soft secondary spells disaster. Hopefully getting our two pro-bowlers back after the by-week will provide some leadership and spark some better play, but right now, they are just plain stinking up the joint. Timmons and Foote suck arse in pass coverage in the middle.

  5. #5
    it's bad.

    I'm really disappointed in the play of the DL and Secondary. Going into the season, I thought both these groups were pretty solid.

    boy, was I wrong.

  6. #6
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    423
    The defense has CARRIED this franchise since the 70's and when they have an occassional lapse the nation goes berserk. The defense shows up WAY MORE frequently than the offense. How many points did the Offense score in the 4th? They produced for 3 quarters, I guess thats enough for the win huh?

    The DEFENSE is the most consistent part of our team

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,862
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    The defense has CARRIED this franchise since the 70's and when they have an occassional lapse the nation goes berserk. The defense shows up WAY MORE frequently than the offense. How many points did the Offense score in the 4th? They produced for 3 quarters, I guess thats enough for the win huh?

    The DEFENSE is the most consistent part of our team
    Dude, the lousy Raiders just hung 34 points on this defense, and they sucked in the season opener. There's problems with the D, undeniably so. The offense scored 31 points today, Ben had a career day (384 yrds, 4 TDs) and it wasn't enough to win.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler Steelgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    The defense has CARRIED this franchise since the 70's and when they have an occassional lapse the nation goes berserk. The defense shows up WAY MORE frequently than the offense. How many points did the Offense score in the 4th? They produced for 3 quarters, I guess thats enough for the win huh?

    The DEFENSE is the most consistent part of our team
    Yes, but the game has evolved in the past few years. The way you play defense and how the rules have changed has made it more favorable for offenses. Our defense has NOT adjusted to those changes. They can't run the same schemes they did, even 5 years ago and expect the same results. The game has changed and so should the way they play defense.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Yes, but the game has evolved in the past few years. The way you play defense and how the rules have changed has made it more favorable for offenses. Our defense has NOT adjusted to those changes. They can't run the same schemes they did, even 5 years ago and expect the same results. The game has changed and so should the way they play defense.
    Exactly what I have been saying for the past two years:
    Our defense has NOT adjusted to those changes. They can't run the same schemes they did, even 5 years ago and expect the same results.
    All you hear in response is what the "rankings are." LeBeau is too in love with his baby to call it ugly. Time to move on.

    Go ahead, you can all say it and it won't hurt, "Ovi has been right"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Exactly what I have been saying for the past two years:


    All you hear in response is what the "rankings are." LeBeau is too in love with his baby to call it ugly. Time to move on.

    Go ahead, you can all say it and it won't hurt, "Ovi has been right"
    So you think the players have nothing to do with it? Or replacing Troy with Mundy and Harrison with Carter -- 2 of our biggest impact players with 2 zeros - has nothing to do with it?

    And you absolve the fumbles and poor special teams play?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •