Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shaping up to be the Worst Steelers Defense...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea know, this D is 1 year removed from being #1 in the entire NFL. What has changed? 1.) No Troy. 2.) No Harrison. 3.) They are a year older. 4.) No Farrior (No one mentions that. Not saying they should have brought him back at 36 but he was one of the main leaders on the team.) If we get Harrison and Troy,back 90% (That's a big if) then maybe they will go back to being a top D. Also, other than the big TD rush from McFadden, the D was solid at the beginning of the game, and, the O f---d up by not getting more of a lead when things were all going their way. I started screaming at the TV, saying "You are letting them stay in the game, you are keeping it close again!" They should have destroyed them and it shouldn't have been a game. Even Miami was able to blow these clowns out.

This is a pretty disgusting loss though. It does remind me of 2009.

Oh, and let's not forget. Yes the D was pathetic, but we still can't rush the ball to save our lives. That is a major part of the problem. How could they NOT found a way to create a better rushing game? That has me as p-ssed off as does the D. Over all, this is just not a very good team, all things considered.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe that is because they have been spending all their money RETAINING LeBeau's boys, e.g. Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley, Timmons, etc. Why do you need replacements in the draft when you are spending huge dollars keeping who you have?
    What about the draft efforts to replace Smith and Keisel? Ziggy showed flashes early, but if he was replaced now with Nick Eason, I'm not sure there would be much of a dropoff. Cam is still earlier in his development, but the Ziggy Hood is looking worse by the day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    FLASTEEL obviously missed the Tim Lewis Defenses ...they give up 3rd and 15's like they were 3rd & 3's
    I've missed exactly 1 game since the 1989 season and have been a fan since the early 70's. I saw the Tim Lewis defenses and those of the mid-to late '80's, which were not up to our standards. Granted, the putrid nature of our current defense is far more fresh in my mind, but I don't remember this complete lack of faith in all aspects of the game. I have zero confidence in this defense to stop anyone at this point. Zero.

I can only hope that Harrison and Polamalu can come back and be not only a spark, but allow LeBeau to play a more attacking style. If not, it will be a long season.