Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Tomlin Fire LeBeau by going for it on that 4th down on our own 20 at the end of ?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And who scouted, coached and developed these all of sudden terrible players? Weren't these the same players on the defense that had that so often cited #1 ranking last year? Are we so dependent on Troy P. that if he isn't there we can't be successful and if that is the case who in their right mind designs a defense around one player.

It's no accident thsat with a change in the offensive coord that ben is off to a career year start. Unfortunately the defensive players don't have that benefit of a new start and new ideas to elevate their play. Their being forced to play a defense that the entire league has figured out.
    They aren't being forced... the players love Lebeau just like Ben loved Arians. This is why he needs to go. I love Lebeau but it's obvious his scheme isn't gelling with our talent or lack thereof.

I think we are drafting too many projects that would look good in our scheme 5 years ago but with all the changes by offenses we need the best players available. I'm watching other players break on the ball, actually touch the ball, knock it down. All of our DB's are chasing guys 3 yards away... usually you will see a defenses sniff out at least one pass play a game. Not us... we can go 2 or 3 games without our DB's knocking down a ball or sacking a QB.

We were #1 on paper but Tebow showed how good our #1 really is IMO...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    They aren't being forced... the players love Lebeau just like Ben loved Arians. This is why he needs to go. I love Lebeau but it's obvious his scheme isn't gelling with our talent or lack thereof.

I think we are drafting too many projects that would look good in our scheme 5 years ago but with all the changes by offenses we need the best players available. I'm watching other players break on the ball, actually touch the ball, knock it down. All of our DB's are chasing guys 3 yards away... usually you will see a defenses sniff out at least one pass play a game. Not us... we can go 2 or 3 games without our DB's knocking down a ball or sacking a QB.

We were #1 on paper but Tebow showed how good our #1 really is IMO...
    You are singing to the choir brother!!!!!!!

Too many projects and conversion efforts to fit a scheme that is stale and unimaginative. It works gainst bad, inexperienced QBs but decent QBs know what is coming.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It's hard for a guy like Woodley, when they can focus on him as the only guy worth blocking. They probably ran 3/4 of their plays away from him. Hood is a freakn bum. Hampton is a steaming pile of dinosaur poo. Keisel is too worried about his Head n Shoulders endorsement deal (i.e. his beard)... Chris Carter is a frekn bum.
    Even Woodley was matched up against a replacement at RT. He had a sack early, but nothing late.

I don't know why Ziggy Hood stays in the game in passing situations. If he is truly the best the Steelers have, they are in a lot of trouble. He has been terrible.

We saw Timmons again get beat in coverage by a no name TE. Being close isn't good enough. He is not dynamic at all and may provide the worst value for his salary of anybody on the team.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Even Woodley was matched up against a replacement at RT. He had a sack early, but nothing late.

I don't know why Ziggy Hood stays in the game in passing situations. If he is truly the best the Steelers have, they are in a lot of trouble. He has been terrible.

We saw Timmons again get beat in coverage by a no name TE. Being close isn't good enough. He is not dynamic at all and may provide the worst value for his salary of anybody on the team.
    Timmons used to be a freak running from sideline to sideline... now he is too big to cover anyone because he bulked up to play ILB.

Timmons used to be a freak running from sideline to sideline... now he is too big to cover anyone because he bulked up to play ILB.
    He's too big to cover anyone but he isn't doing anything productive with the bulk, either. You don't see him bowling over backs in pass coverage or blowing up the run game.

I think he's actually been outplayed by Foote this year.

Legend
    I predicted big things for Timmons... but I predicted these things with the impression he would be the same size and have the same speed.

Legend
    I predicted big things for Timmons... but I predicted these things with the impression he would be the same size and have the same speed.
    Me too. He was the classic 4-3 OLB and came in and just added too much weight to "be strong at the point of attack" It took away what made him different. I remeber two camps ago when they reported he was running stride for stride with WRs.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Me too. He was the classic 4-3 OLB and came in and just added too much weight to "be strong at the point of attack" It took away what made him different. I remeber two camps ago when they reported he was running stride for stride with WRs.
    I have to believe that was done at the coaches request or at a minimum their blessing, right? He didn't just decide on his own to bulk up to the point of losing his coverage skills? I can't say as I blame him if he getting swallowed up and beat on as an ILB, which is not where his best talents would be.

I don't think Timmons looks overweight to me. He looks normal weight. I don't think his weight is an issue. His burst is gone. The one he flashed in his first few seasons. That made me think, he would be special. I don't see anything like that from him anymore. The little bit of weight he may have gained should not have totally zapped away his acceleration. Levon Kirkland had acceleration when he was 280. Timmons is not a hardnosed player. He does not have intensity. He looks very relaxed on the field much of the time. It's about will and desire and the linebackers have got to step up and lead the way. Foote is doing the best he can. Woodley has good moments but Carter is not adding anything to the picture.

Is that Tomlin's way of firing his DC? He could always ask the Rooneys to do it like he did with Arians. lol