Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Tomlin Fire LeBeau by going for it on that 4th down on our own 20 at the end of ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he was thinking that if we don't get it, Oakland scores and gives us a lot of time to score. If they dont, then we drive down and score. Bc Oakland couldn't stop us. Unless we fumble of course. It was great to see Ben take a sack in he last two minutes though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I had to go to the bar to watch the game on TV without game audio (great classic rock though, the whole game; man, I missed chat). What I saw was that we lost this game due to our own failures, as follows:

1 Ryan Mundy is two days late and four dollars short on most plays. He may know the defense as well as Stven Hawling knows physics, but he also plays at a physical level closer to Steven Hawkings.

2. The defense played to not lost in the 4th Qtr, so they lost.

3."Special" Teams. Sushi, kick the football out of the EZ every time, because your ST coverage is poor.

4. "Special" Teams. Stupid undisciplined penalties, over and over and over again, all year preseason and season so far. Cost us a TD today. That TD would have changed the game permanently in our favor.

5. Defense. Not nearly enough pressure on the QB. Cornholio had enough time to cook his own hot dogs back there, esp late in the game.

6. Fumbles. Bad fumbles. 27 and 84.

7. Penalties. "Special" Teams and the OL (no excuses 77 and 74). And the secondary (esp Ike) is guilty too.

8. Coaching. Why are these mistakes continuing to happen, over and over and over again? Coaching has not corrected mistakes that have been happening from preseason on.

Ben played great, 36 for 49, 384 yds 4 TDs, NO int's. Heath played great. Max was big most of the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I had to go to the bar to watch the game on TV without game audio (great classic rock though, the whole game; man, I missed chat). What I saw was that we lost this game due to our own failures, as follows:

1 Ryan Mundy is two days late and four dollars short on most plays. He may know the defense as well as Stven Hawling knows physics, but he also plays at a physical level closer to Steven Hawkings.

2. The defense played to not lost in the 4th Qtr, so they lost.

3."Special" Teams. Sushi, kick the football out of the EZ every time, because your ST coverage is poor.

4. "Special" Teams. Stupid undisciplined penalties, over and over and over again, all year preseason and season so far. Cost us a TD today. That TD would have changed the game permanently in our favor.

5. Defense. Not nearly enough pressure on the QB. Cornholio had enough time to cook his own hot dogs back there, esp late in the game.

6. Fumbles. Bad fumbles. 27 and 84.

7. Penalties. "Special" Teams and the OL (no excuses 77 and 74). And the secondary (esp Ike) is guilty too.

8. Coaching. Why are these mistakes continuing to happen, over and over and over again? Coaching has not corrected mistakes that have been happening from preseason on.

Ben played great, 36 for 49, 384 yds 4 TDs, NO int's. Heath played great. Max was big most of the game.

Agree with above. Where is that Wm. Gay dude ... is he signed anywhere? What state are we in where the guys we kept make us pine for the guy(s) we let go like they were Norwegian Fjords or something?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Isn't the coordinator responsible for what the players do? Isn't that what heard about Arians for the past three years until they rightfully got rid of him? Got rid of one too few coordinators.
    You're ignoring talent. We can debate in circles about this but the bottom line is the team blew this one...coaches and players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Isn't the coordinator responsible for what the players do? Isn't that what heard about Arians for the past three years until they rightfully got rid of him? Got rid of one too few coordinators.
    As a coordinator, especially with respect to the pass rushers, you want to try to create a favorable matchup. Nobody won their matchups today.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    As a coordinator, especially with respect to the pass rushers, you want to try to create a favorable matchup. Nobody won their matchups today.
    It's hard for a guy like Woodley, when they can focus on him as the only guy worth blocking. They probably ran 3/4 of their plays away from him. Hood is a freakn bum. Hampton is a steaming pile of dinosaur poo. Keisel is too worried about his Head n Shoulders endorsement deal (i.e. his beard)... Chris Carter is a frekn bum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It's hard for a guy like Woodley, when they can focus on him as the only guy worth blocking. They probably ran 3/4 of their plays away from him. Hood is a freakn bum. Hampton is a steaming pile of dinosaur poo. Keisel is too worried about his Head n Shoulders endorsement deal (i.e. his beard)... Chris Carter is a frekn bum.
    And who scouted, coached and developed these all of sudden terrible players? Weren't these the same players on the defense that had that so often cited #1 ranking last year? Are we so dependent on Troy P. that if he isn't there we can't be successful and if that is the case who in their right mind designs a defense around one player.

It's no accident thsat with a change in the offensive coord that ben is off to a career year start. Unfortunately the defensive players don't have that benefit of a new start and new ideas to elevate their play. Their being forced to play a defense that the entire league has figured out.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

And who scouted, coached and developed these all of sudden terrible players? Weren't these the same players on the defense that had that so often cited #1 ranking last year? Are we so dependent on Troy P. that if he isn't there we can't be successful and if that is the case who in their right mind designs a defense around one player.

It's no accident thsat with a change in the offensive coord that ben is off to a career year start. Unfortunately the defensive players don't have that benefit of a new start and new ideas to elevate their play. Their being forced to play a defense that the entire league has figured out.
    When you field a defense without 2 DPsOY, you tend to be found lacking...

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben has not faced a good defense as of yet so dont get carried away with his stats vs horrible teams. Ben always plays well vs bad defenses. He has made a career of it. Has nothing to do with a new OC. Ben Threw for 5 TDS last season vs the Titans with Arians. His 500 game was with Arians. His 32 TD season in 07 was with Arians (easy schedule). Oh by the way, Arians is doing well with a ROOKIE in Indy, so again, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

It just makes it crystal clear who our best player is. TROY POLAMALU. We win without Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    When you field a defense without 2 DPsOY, you tend to be found lacking...
    Do you think either of those players will ever be DPOY again. That is why you adjust, you move on and you change. Unfortunately that is a concept totally lost with regards to our defense. The solution is just wait for Harrison and Troy and all will be well. Do you really buy that?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"