Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A. Browns lost fumble

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A. Browns lost fumble

I'm curious what Ben was all upset about. He ran up to the ref complaining about something. Any ideas?
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Possible horse collar tackle is what I thought.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I'm curious what Ben was all upset about. He ran up to the ref complaining about something. Any ideas?
    It looked to me in the replay like a Raider had a hand inside the shirt collar right before the ball came out. I dont know if a horse-collar negates a fumble or not. Thats the only thing I can think of.

What bugs me is Brown's obvious lack of concern for ball security. He was too focused on being "the man" and let the team down. That is Vick's problem too. Eagles probably lead the league in TO's. What I wonder is if we will have any takeaways in that game.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think AB was trying to be the man.
    Just trying to create a play knowing the defense would just let them score again

Backup

User Info Menu

c'mon guys. Saying that Brown ruined it for the Team because he was Trying to be the man? Thats a bit unfair. The young man was trying to make the most of an opportunity. He was in there fighting.. Was he a bit Careless, perhaps but the kid works hard and was trying really hard for the team, not for himself.

We absolutely want these guys to be play Makers and they will be.. Today was just a tough day at the office (for the offense, especially for Brown) There is not a selfish bone in any of our Offensive guys - they are all willing to share the glory (At least on the field)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    c'mon guys. Saying that Brown ruined it for the Team because he was Trying to be the man? Thats a bit unfair. The young man was trying to make the most of an opportunity. He was in there fighting.. Was he a bit Careless, perhaps but the kid works hard and was trying really hard for the team, not for himself.

We absolutely want these guys to be play Makers and they will be.. Today was just a tough day at the office (for the offense, especially for Brown) There is not a selfish bone in any of our Offensive guys - they are all willing to share the glory (At least on the field)
    Chiken, I agree with you, but I think it would be an easier sell if AB didn't do the 15 yard strut towards the other goal line every time he makes a decent catch, while the rest of the team is hustling back to the huddle.

I blame coaching for not completely and immediately putting a stop to that. I think I remember Cowher dragging a rookie off the field by the ear when he started prancing, saying "We don't do that kind of thing here, son".

Like I said, I think you're spot on in what you wrote, but if AB acted a little bit more like HM after a nice catch, we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

We had been moving the ball. We had the lead. The defense is struggling. There is no need to have to score on that play.

At the very least it was not smart football. And he did it on the TD too only he was lucky enough to recover that one.

I dont like Wallace flopping to the ground at first contact but that is preferable to losing the ball, especially in that situation. Sometimes guys get over-inflated ideas of themselves when they are talented and think they can do it all, and subsequently dont play smart. Vick does it a lot. I'd just hate to see AB be one of those guys.

And someone should tell Dwyer that you need to hold onto the ball until you are on the ground. It looked like he was trying to do one of his 'fold like a house of cards when you see contact coming' flops when he let that one go. I glad they got him out of there if he not willing to work hard. He has shown he can do some things if he is willing to play hard. But he didnt today.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hold Brown in high regard.
    That fumble turned the game.
    I am certain that he will improve from it.
    But this game is lost and it's whole a team loss.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Chiken, I agree with you, but I think it would be an easier sell if AB didn't do the 15 yard strut towards the other goal line every time he makes a decent catch, while the rest of the team is hustling back to the huddle.

I blame coaching for not completely and immediately putting a stop to that. I think I remember Cowher dragging a rookie off the field by the ear when he started prancing, saying "We don't do that kind of thing here, son".

Like I said, I think you're spot on in what you wrote, but if AB acted a little bit more like HM after a nice catch, we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation!

Cowher didnt stop Bettis from Doing it, nor Willie or Tone. Cowher couldnt even stop Porter from running his big mouth. Cowher couldnt control Ben. Cowher started Kordell for years. Cowher choked so many home games at home.
    Cowher.....................

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree it is a team loss. And I like the kid too. I sure hope he learns from it. But some guys don't seem to, ie DeSean Jackson, Mike Vick. That running around and going backwards with the ball flailing around out there is for the birds. I prefer the Hines Wards method of wrapping it up with both arms and going forward, especially in that situation with the lead. But I agree there is plenty of blame to go around in this one.

I wonder if LeBeau got into the 'prevent' defense mode of thinking since they had a 10 point lead, no need to take any risks.