Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Even Dan Fouts criticizing D Lebeau strategy .

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    This is where you are wrong.... Tell me one person Wood could cover other than Redman, He should be rushing every play NO EXCUSE!
    Maybe you should re-read my post again? You obviously didnt understand it. My point isnt about whether or not Woodley could cover or not. It is how he is being used. If he was able to simply pin his ears back and rush the QB 70-80% time he'd make a lot more plays. But he is being asked to drop in coverage more than 50% time now. This isnt being done because he is good at covering. It's out of necessity.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Maybe you should re-read my post again? You obviously didnt understand it. My point isnt about whether or not Woodley could cover or not. It is how he is being used. If he was able to simply pin his ears back and rush the QB 70-80% time he'd make a lot more plays. But he is being asked to drop in coverage more than 50% time now. This isnt being done because he is good at covering. It's out of necessity.
    Also, the fact that he was being mugged on almost every play that he rushed and it was uncalled makes it less attractive to rush him...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Arians never had to work without his top two players. How would our offense have looked without Ben and Wallace? Our defense did not play well but neither did the offense.
    Arians had to do it without Ben for 4 games... we survived. He had to do it without Pouncey, with Sean Mahan at Center, without Mendenhall...

he never had to do it without his top 2 but he dealt with way more injuries IMO. Troy and JH are hurt so much DL should have a better game plan in place.