Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Even Dan Fouts criticizing D Lebeau strategy .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even Dan Fouts criticizing D Lebeau strategy .

Or lack thereof ,Only sending four while Palmer is eating them alive! Just AWFUL . If you don't this guy is at the end of his ropes then i think something is wrong...
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Todays loss is mainly on Lebeau IMO.
    Nothing further to say.
    The fumbles and penalties didnt help either.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Todays loss is mainly on Lebeau IMO.
    Nothing further to say.
    The fumbles and penalties didnt help either.
    I dont agree. And this comes from a guy who has been critical of LeBeau the past couple of years for changing his philosophy. Yesterday LeBeau had one play maker (Woodley), on the entire defense. And because of the fact that his secondary cannot cover, he was forced to have that one play maker drop in coverage most of the game. I can't blame LeBeau when he is left with very little talent on the field. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu make a huge difference playing and not playing for this team.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont agree. And this comes from a guy who has been critical of LeBeau the past couple of years for changing his philosophy. Yesterday LeBeau had one play maker (Woodley), on the entire defense. And because of the fact that his secondary cannot cover, he was forced to have that one play maker drop in coverage most of the game. I can't blame LeBeau when he is left with very little talent on the field. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu make a huge difference playing and not playing for this team.
    This is where you are wrong.... Tell me one person Wood could cover other than Redman, He should be rushing every play NO EXCUSE!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    This is where you are wrong.... Tell me one person Wood could cover other than Redman, He should be rushing every play NO EXCUSE!
    Maybe you should re-read my post again? You obviously didnt understand it. My point isnt about whether or not Woodley could cover or not. It is how he is being used. If he was able to simply pin his ears back and rush the QB 70-80% time he'd make a lot more plays. But he is being asked to drop in coverage more than 50% time now. This isnt being done because he is good at covering. It's out of necessity.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Maybe you should re-read my post again? You obviously didnt understand it. My point isnt about whether or not Woodley could cover or not. It is how he is being used. If he was able to simply pin his ears back and rush the QB 70-80% time he'd make a lot more plays. But he is being asked to drop in coverage more than 50% time now. This isnt being done because he is good at covering. It's out of necessity.
    Also, the fact that he was being mugged on almost every play that he rushed and it was uncalled makes it less attractive to rush him...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

when does it become the players fault?

I'm not seeing many guys win any 1 on 1 battles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    when does it become the players fault?

I'm not seeing many guys win any 1 on 1 battles.
    That's an excellent point. The defense needed somebody to step up and make a big play. Nothing. The Steelers blitzed, but got no pressure. Still no plays in coverage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That's an excellent point. The defense needed somebody to step up and make a big play. Nothing. The Steelers blitzed, but got no pressure. Still no plays in coverage.
    I've been saying this since Denver. Everyone wants to jump on the coaches, maybe it's talent. I'm hoping Harrison and Troy can help stabilize this defense because its lousy right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here we go.....only 2 weeks of this stuff.