Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Even Dan Fouts criticizing D Lebeau strategy .

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy Hood may be the worst pick first round draft pick the Steelers have made since Troy Edwards.
    Ziggy is/was getting pushed around like a ragdoll this year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I thought all aspects were embarrassing. We were trying to give he game away. How many fumbles did we have? How many penalties. How many key mistakes did we have
    But they still put up 31 points. The Raiders scored 14 and then 13 points the last 2 games. The D looked like a bunch of high school kids out there. Not making excuses fro poor O play but they still scored more than it should have required to beat an 0-2 team that's looked horrendous so far.

Legend

User Info Menu

Time to get Heyward and Ta'amu some PT. I'd make the starters earn it. But right now, no one's job looks secure on the D.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    no coach looks good when his players are getting whipped.

anybody see timmons playing today?

dude makes a lot of coin for 3 tackles a game.
    sad, but true. a lot of people blamed Timmons poor season last year to playing out of position. I say he is simply not very good at the point of attack. He is OK in space, but he can't seem to release from his blockers. The lack of players not winning one-on-one battles is true for both offense and defense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    But they still put up 31 points. The Raiders scored 14 and then 13 points the last 2 games. The D looked like a bunch of high school kids out there. Not making excuses fro poor O play but they still scored more than it should have required to beat an 0-2 team that's looked horrendous so far.
    That 30!yd td drive after the fumble helped. The nick punt return helped. There wasn't any aspect that I was happy about. Especially he run offense. Dwyer is ft and slow and h hits the hole like my little sister

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    It'd be nice to see Clark and Troy on the field at the same time. Can't do anything but help. Also, Carter is no Harrison.
    He11 yeah! I was touting this guy so much too... I would rather have ESPN's Cris Carter out there right now than this Chris Carter. At least we'd have a chance at an interception, with his hands.

I would prefer Chris Evert, Gary Carter, Jimmy Carter, Christopher Reeves. This guy is a f'n piece of horse manure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the defense played lousy. The offense, even with the mistakes, played great. This loss goes to the defense and it's coaches ... DL included. Now, I do think it is funny that people keep thinking we are not trying to bring pressure. We are trying ... I saw us send 6 guys on a couple of plays. Not one of them penetrated more than 3 yards from the LOS. Like someone before me said, we are not winning the one on one battles. We are going to have to send 7 guys and hope that the QB doesn't pick out the right receiver to throw the ball to.

I don't recall hearing one defensive lineman's name called for making a play the entire game. Keisel is getting his arse knocked 5 yards down the field. So far this year he has reminded me of what Aaron Smith looked like last year ... horrible. Does Hampton play? Not only didn't I hear his name called but I never saw him in a play. If he isn't playing what in the hell happened to McClendon? The last time I saw the Steelers defense play so bad it was under Tim Lewis. I don't want those days to come back.

Not to let Tomlin get by unscathed but on the play that Oakland dumped the ball to the back who scurried for 20 some yards to get them in chip shot FG position Tomlin was the one who called the defense ... not DL. Before the play Tomlin was talking to the defense and after the play you could see Tomlin patting his chest and then pointing to LeBeau and seemed to be mouthing "that is on me".

I think many of us realize that our defense isn't good if we can't pressure the QB. This game was a perfect example of that. If we can't figure anything out soon then this is going to be a long season.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Todays loss is mainly on Lebeau IMO.
    Nothing further to say.
    The fumbles and penalties didnt help either.
    I dont agree. And this comes from a guy who has been critical of LeBeau the past couple of years for changing his philosophy. Yesterday LeBeau had one play maker (Woodley), on the entire defense. And because of the fact that his secondary cannot cover, he was forced to have that one play maker drop in coverage most of the game. I can't blame LeBeau when he is left with very little talent on the field. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu make a huge difference playing and not playing for this team.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Funny, but predictable. When Arians was here it was always his fault. When LeBeau proves to put out another major failure the question is then asked "when are the players responsible and we hear about what the defense did in the past?"

Time to quit making excuses and living in the past. LeBeau is no longer aggressive and he has lost it. Our defense is predictable. He calls the defensive plays not the players and he is calling a passive game most of the time now. The signs that the defense was getting to this have been there for two years if anyone really wanted to see them.
    Maybe he is calling conservative because he knows what will happen without extra coverage and our DBs out there: toastville. It could be he has zero confidence in our guys' cover skills.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont agree. And this comes from a guy who has been critical of LeBeau the past couple of years for changing his philosophy. Yesterday LeBeau had one play maker (Woodley), on the entire defense. And because of the fact that his secondary cannot cover, he was forced to have that one play maker drop in coverage most of the game. I can't blame LeBeau when he is left with very little talent on the field. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu make a huge difference playing and not playing for this team.
    This is where you are wrong.... Tell me one person Wood could cover other than Redman, He should be rushing every play NO EXCUSE!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]