Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eyebrow raising quote from Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Anyone else recognize SARCASM? Why is everyone always looking for a conspiracy? Or turmoil?

r?
    thats what haters do

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    if he wanted to be inflammatory, he would have said "and keep Mr Rooney happy".
    He knows better than to bite the hand that feeds you.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I believe the man was joking when he said to the assembled media "keep you guys and the fans happy"
    I don't understand the humor then. Why is that funny? Why would the media and fans be happy if they use multiple tight ends and rush the ball more?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The media and fans always know better then the coaches and players is how I take it. Sounds about right if you read posts here. This is not the first time Ben has busted on the media and fans. I find it funny everytime.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't understand the humor then. Why is that funny? Why would the media and fans be happy if they use multiple tight ends and rush the ball more?

It could have something to do with the constant demands from fans and media pieces stating that the Steelers need to run the ball more, because that is what the Steelers do. I just might not be getting it though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The coaches want to "keep the media and fans happy" by their play calling? That is a pretty bold and interesting quote...and kind of inflammatory. I don't think that by using 2 tight ends it's making any fans happy. Most just want to win and have the team employ play calls that give us the best chance of winning, period. I don't think I fully understand what Ben is talking about.
    I kind of agree with Ben. In Pittsburgh it always comes down to running the ball, burning clock, keeping the game close (most weeks no matter the quality of opponent), and the defense being set up to be the star. This overall philosophy is part of the steelers 'brand'.

I really think this town is happier with 10-6 defensive games with a 120 yard rusher than if we had a team with a stronger offense & weaker defense so we gave up 21 but hung 35 on teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    thats what haters do
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I kind of agree with Ben. In Pittsburgh it always comes down to running the ball, burning clock, keeping the game close (most weeks no matter the quality of opponent), and the defense being set up to be the star. This overall philosophy is part of the steelers 'brand'.
    And the results are without equal:

$(KGrHqJHJEcE+R7)outfBQSM5zcS5!~~60_35.JPG

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    has Ben been listening to Crash again?
    Yeah, Ben can hear him yelling all the way from Western Psych.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hmmm, a QB that wants to throw the ball...surprising.