Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caaaaaaaaaam!!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, that irritated me too. Have some awareness of the situation. It makes him look completely self centered to celebrate like that when his team is still getting blown out.

There are also reports that Steve Smith called him out on the sideline for sulking. He has natural physical gifts, but isn't a guy that I'd want to root for.
    I agree 100%..... How can you celebrated like that when you've played an embarrassing game. CAM is self centered. He was the exact same way in Auburn. I'm also glad that Smith called him out for that. This is the second time this season he's been "sulking". Like I just posted, he sits by himself on the sidelines "sulking" with a towel over his head when he's playing bad. When he's playing good, he's running around like a little child on the sidelines... and literally looking for the camera spotlight.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

The dude is only 23 years old. Yes, he has some growing up to do, but so does everyone. Shoot, our QB needed one more life lesson at 28 yrs. of age.

I think it will click for Newton. Many people put too much pressure on these kids too early. Especially at the QB position.

Smith did what should have been done by any of those veterans in the Carolina locker room. It's up to Newton to hear and understand the lesson. Sometimes lessons need to be taught more than once.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Where was his defense!? O-line sucked! No Running game!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    The dude is only 23 years old. Yes, he has some growing up to do, but so does everyone. Shoot, our QB needed one more life lesson at 28 yrs. of age.

I think it will click for Newton. Many people put too much pressure on these kids too early. Especially at the QB position.

Smith did what should have been done by any of those veterans in the Carolina locker room. It's up to Newton to hear and understand the lesson. Sometimes lessons need to be taught more than once.
    Too much pressure on these kids? Are you kidding me? At 23, he should be an adult. Cam brings the spotlight on himself which brings more pressure. He always had.. even at Auburn.

If the pressure is too much, Cam has the opportunity to leave the NFL and join the "regular" workforce if he chooses. For some reason, I think Cam will choose the NFL and enjoy the fruits of being rich and having fame.

This isn't a knock on just Cam either. To your point, our Big Ben has had his faults and they aren't excusable either.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yep at 23 every dude here with millions and super fame would have been a good little boy. Plenty of people are not grown up at 30. Some are in there late teens. Different folks different strokes. Give him a break. Had a bad game and was a baby about it. He will learn I think.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Different folks different strokes.
    Byron Leftwich agrees. Watchu talkin bout, Cam Newton?

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Yep at 23 every dude here with millions and super fame would have been a good little boy. Plenty of people are not grown up at 30. Some are in there late teens. Different folks different strokes. Give him a break. Had a bad game and was a baby about it. He will learn I think.
    He's always a baby .. when he's having a bad game. I live in S. Carolina so we obviously see a lot of Cam. This wasn't a one time thing. The guy is a good athlete and he proved me wrong last year with the way he played as a rookie. With that being said, he's always been a little cry baby when he's not at the top of his game. Man up Cam.

Speaking of that, I saw a sign last night that said "Superman Cam". They should have changed it to "Man Up! Cam"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    he sulked in his post game press conference
    Because he is a child, mentally. That is what will define whether he will become anything more than a highlight-film guy. He is mentally VERY immature (not just a little bit). Guys like this look GREAT when things are rolling... but once adversity hits, they have no maturity (e.g. Jay Cutler) to overcome it.

He is very self-centered to boot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He's always a baby .. when he's having a bad game. I live in S. Carolina so we obviously see a lot of Cam. This wasn't a one time thing. The guy is a good athlete and he proved me wrong last year with the way he played as a rookie. With that being said, he's always been a little cry baby when he's not at the top of his game. Man up Cam.

Speaking of that, I saw a sign last night that said "Superman Cam". They should have changed it to "Man Up! Cam"
    Oh NOW we get it.

Yeah you saw a whole lotta Cam. You saw him score more than Wilt Chamberlain back in the day.

Just HOW MANY TDs did he account on your hometown team in only TWO GAMES. Something like ELEVEN?
    I think the only "sulking" you saw watching Cam torch your team was that of your fans.

The best SC team in recent memory had its dream season destroyed by Cam.

No Cam and you guys take the SEC....easy.

Truth is you saw Cam gloat "like a little kid" way more than you should have because HE DOMINATED your team in an embarrassing way.

See I am kinda biased too.... my roots are about a half hour from Auburn U.

The fact that you keep bringing up the kid in college shows me the pain of those loses colors your opinion.

Let me just open that wound with the video below :

Yup, "he's running around like a little child on the sidelines... and literally looking for the camera spotlight."

Put in THIS CONTEXT it is no wonder it burns you up.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-22-2012 at 12:21 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Has Cam Newton lost Charlotte?

By Chris Chase, USA TODAY
    Sep 26, 2012

The second-year Carolina Panthers quarterback was the subject of a scathing editorial cartoon in Wednesday's edition of The Charlotte Observer. He's depicted performing his patented Superman touchdown celebration only to reveal a Hello Kitty logo on his chest.

Cam Newton ripped in 'Charlotte Observer' cartoon

The cartoon appears six days after the Panthers' 36-7 loss to the New York Giants. Newton was roundly criticized for emphatically celebrating a touchdown with his team down 23-0 in the third quarter against the defending Super Bowl champions. Later in the game, veteran wide receiver Steve Smith reportedly had "unchoice words" for Newton after the quarterback sulked on the bench following his third interception.

Newton's behavior in the postgame press conference was similarly sulky.

On Sunday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Newton was seeing a "mind coach" to help him deal with the pressure of being an NFL quarterback. Newton denied the report.

The 2011 No. 1 overall draft pick, Newton shattered a number of NFL rookie quarterback records last season, including those for most passing and rushing yards. But his record as a starter is a middling 7-12 and this, evidently, is a cause for the Observer to jump ship on the Panthers quarterback three games into his second season.

Chill out, Charlotte. Cam is under contract for two more seasons after this one. There will be plenty of time to make fun of him if he continues to lose (which I don't think he will).

[URL]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/26/cam-newton-charlotte-observer-cartoon/70001182/1#.UGNN782aLO8[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha