Thread: The latest on inuries.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The latest on inuries.

Wallace, not practicing.

Dwyer not practicing.

Mendenhall practicing, and even taking some contact.

I think we are going to see RM playing this week. And my guess
    is Wallace will suit up, unless it's a serious groin pull. Those can
    take months to heal.

Harrison out. Maybe he will be back after bye.

Troy still out. Just let the F-ing guy sit until he is truly healed. I loath the old "pushing him to play early only to have him never heal" BS. Then again, this guy may never be right again no matter what.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace and Dwyer (plus Gilbert, Sanders, and Sylester) all practiced today.

Harrison, Miller and Polamalu miss practice
    Posted by Teresa Varley on September 20, 2012 – 3:23 pm

Linebacker James Harrison (knee), tight end Heath Miller (abdomen) and safety Troy Polamalu (calf) were among the five players who didn’t practice on Thursday. Also not practicing were tackle Mike Adams (back) and quarterback Byron Leftwich (illness).

Back on the field on Thursday were running back Jonathan Dwyer (toe), tackle Marcus Gilbert (groin) and wide receivers Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and Mike Wallace (groin). Linebacker Stevenson Sylvester, who was limited on Wednesday, was a full participant on Thursday.
    [URL]http://blog.steelers.com/2012/09/20/harrison-miller-and-polamalu-miss-practice/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

[URL]http://blog.steelers.com/2012/09/20/harrison-miller-and-polamalu-miss-practice/[/URL]
    Thank God. Hopefully we don't need Harrison to win this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Excellent news. I usually hate the bye week being this early but this may be the exception to key some folks well.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Excellent news. I usually hate the bye week being this early but this may be the exception to key some folks well.
    I agree with you. I generally hate the early bye, but it could work well this year to help get some key guys healthy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I agree with you. I generally hate the early bye, but it could work well this year to help get some key guys healthy.
    You don't get any more key than Harrison and #43.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Thursday Injury Report: Dwyer, Gilbert, Sanders & Wallace Return To Practice – Miller Sits Again

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Thursday injury report for the Pittsburgh Steelers is now out and it shows that tackle Mike Adams (back), linebacker James Harrison (knee), quarterback Byron Leftwich (illness), tight end Heath Miller (abdomen) and safety Troy Polamalu (calf) all failed to practice. Adams had been limited on Wednesday and Leftwich was added to the report today with an illness.

Running back Jonathan Dwyer (toe), tackle Marcus Gilbert (groin), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and wide receiver Mike Wallace (groin) all practiced fully on Thursday after sitting out Wednesday.

Running back Rashard Mendenhall (knee) and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (knee) both practiced fully on Thursday. Sylvester was listed as limited on Wednesday, so signs are that he is getting close to returning to action.

At this point, Miller and Adams are the biggest concerns heading into Friday. The Steelers tight end reportedly suffered a rib cartilage separation in the game this past Sunday and has been sore ever since.

Both Harrison and Polamalu are not expected to play Sunday against the Oakland Raiders.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_thursday_injury_report_dwyer_gilbert_sand ers_wallace_return_to_practice_miller_sits_again/11767240[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha