Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Does Everyone THink of Thursday Night Games?

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess THursday nights are good business because it is another broadcast contract. Even though t NFL Network is doing it the NFL get the advertising dollars.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I guess THursday nights are good business because it is another broadcast contract. Even though t NFL Network is doing it the NFL get the advertising dollars.
    I've wondered why they put these on the NFL as opposed to selling the games to another network.

On the one hand it probably adds significant value to the NFLN and overall marketing. But I bet they could make more money selling it to a major network.

The other thing that irks me is TWC doesn't have the NFL Network.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like it. To me, we aren't over-saturated with the NFL yet. I like it all: Sunday early, late and night games, MNF and Thursday football. I like it just fine. If it's a stink game, then turn the channel. (Some of the national games have been unwatchable, I will admit that. Even the announcers admitted how bad the game was last week. You never hear announcers saying, "This game is unwatchable" but they actually said that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    I love them! Just when I'm done with MNF and start getting over the weekend games I start dying for football again. TNF is my fix. I think the NFL is opposed to the Friday games due to high school football. Saturday would be a great idea as well.

$$

they protect college ball as much as they do HS ball so no saturdays until right before the bowl games

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it's a good idea. I'm with those who think it could be "too much" football... In a more ideal world, I actually think MNF should just morph into TNF. But I think it's a good "get-together" sort of thing. Grab a six-pack or growler, call your buddy over, and watch a game... Then, go home and go to work.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm with those who think it could be "too much" football

there is no such thing...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The other thing that irks me is TWC doesn't have the NFL Network.
    Some good news for you today, flip...Just got a text from Brandon from Missouri this morning (The Commish from Sirius NFL Radio) that Time Warner Cable and the NFL Network have finally reached a deal (which would include the Red Zone Channel as well).

When I first read your post, the first thing that I thought was, "Why would The Weather Channel have the NFL Network?"
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Some good news for you today, flip...Just got a text from Brandon from Missouri this morning (The Commish from Sirius NFL Radio) that Time Warner Cable and the NFL Network have finally reached a deal (which would include the Red Zone Channel as well).

When I first read your post, the first thing that I thought was, "Why would The Weather Channel have the NFL Network?"
    The Weather Channel's big down South

Legend

User Info Menu

I just signed up for our cable's upgrade to NFL network, so will now get Thursday's games.... it was pretty cheap. We'll see how it goes this season on whether I stay with it.

Starter

User Info Menu

I have no problem with the way it is.

What i do have an issue with is having the Thursday night game so close to the bye week. That was always like a mini-bye week to me. But this year we will have 10 more games remaining and no "breaks".

Wish THEY would start using some common sense once in a while. With all this talk of safety you think this would be a no-brainer when it comes to scheduling. idk...