Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Does Everyone THink of Thursday Night Games?

Legend

User Info Menu

What Does Everyone THink of Thursday Night Games?

I'm not a fan. It's becoming too much football on too many days. That's why I don't like baseball and hockey regular seasons. There's too many days to watch.

I also don't like it for the players. I wonder if guys are more prone to get injured on 3 days rest? Isn't Goodell supposed to be protecting player health?

We've got a Thursday game coming up against Ten in a few weeks. Ten comes off a late afternoon game away the week before in Minny, so we might have a little advantage. But I still don't like it.

Why not have teams coming off bye weeks play on Thursdays if you really need Thursday games.

And why not do Friday or Saturday to help the players recover a little more?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love them! Just when I'm done with MNF and start getting over the weekend games I start dying for football again. TNF is my fix. I think the NFL is opposed to the Friday games due to high school football. Saturday would be a great idea as well.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm not a fan. It's becoming too much football on too many days. That's why I don't like baseball and hockey regular seasons. There's too many days to watch.

I also don't like it for the players. I wonder if guys are more prone to get injured on 3 days rest? Isn't Goodell supposed to be protecting player health?

We've got a Thursday game coming up against Ten in a few weeks. Ten comes off a late afternoon game away the week before in Minny, so we might have a little advantage. But I still don't like it.

Why not have teams coming off bye weeks play on Thursdays if you really need Thursday games.

And why not do Friday or Saturday to help the players recover a little more?
    I agree Flippy. I think it is going to be a cause for more injuries just because the player's body won't have enough time to recover. Another reason Goodell is a hypocrite.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hate them as I hate all night games.

Backup

User Info Menu

It makes the week go by faster, especially if it's a good game. I used to hate it when the Steelers played at any other time other than the early Sunday game, but I like the different schedule now because it opens up my weekends to do more stuff at different times. So I am a big fan of TNF.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I agree Flippy. I think it is going to be a cause for more injuries just because the player's body won't have enough time to recover. Another reason Goodell is a hypocrite.
    Agreed. Look at who is missing tonights game on the Giants.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I love them as a fan because it breaks up the week a little bit but I agree with you guys, for the players those games are hard, they should come after the bye week, if at all. If I recall correctly, there is some sort of agreement between the different leagues that the NFL & NCAA don't compete against each other and neither of them play on Fridays because of High School football. I could be wrong though.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hate em, they need to do away with them, the game is too physical to play on Sunday and then turn around and play again on Thursday night. I know once the Thursday game is over the teams get a mini bye week, because they won't play again for 10 or 11 days, but the short week has to be horrible. I'm not a fan of night games in general; I wish all games were played at 1:00PM or 4:00PM and then be done.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I think the Thursday games, especially year round, dilute the game a bit. Part of what makes the NFL great is that it's not on everyday. That really makes Sunday a big event.

Legend

User Info Menu

There's some other good points in here I agree with.

I'm not a big fan of night games. And these night games and Thursday games are inconvenient for the fans who go to the games. I know the fans in the stadium aren't as important as the TV eyeballs.