Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It is still early, but the Raiders look like a joke

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Blowout eh? At least Vegas knows that the Steelers suck on the West Coast and against poor teams. The spread is 3.5 points folks. A team like the Pats or the 49ers in the same situation would be at least -10.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Blowout eh? At least Vegas knows that the Steelers suck on the West Coast and against poor teams. The spread is 3.5 points folks. A team like the Pats or the 49ers in the same situation would be at least -10.
    It basically means that Vegas thinks that the Steelers would win by a TD on a neutral site...and that they would win by 10 in Pittsburgh...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The Niners would have to cross a bridge to get to Oakland, not an entire country.

The Pats just lost at home to the cross-country-traveling Cardinals.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    This. We could very well end up crushing them, but I certainly don't assume it. They could play hungry and pissed, considering their slow start and how much they hate Pgh.
    This aint 1975. There is no "hate" between these teams. These guys werent born and even the coach was a little kid when we had our fierce rivalry with the Raiders.
    Heck Al Davis is dead. It is just another game for these teams.

That is why the only concern is that we might come out flat.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Marcus Allen will light the Al Davis flame on Sunday

Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2012

More than 20 years after Raiders owner Al Davis decided to park running back Marcus Allen on the bench until his contract expired, Allen will attend a Raiders game.

Paul Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Allen will light the flame that honors the long-time owner’s memory, prior to their game against the Steelers. It’s happening at the behest of Mark Davis, Al’s son.

The development comes years after something happened to drive a wedge between the two men that never was resolved before Davis died last year.

“He told me he was going to get me,” Allen said in 1992. “We’ve had conversations. I don’t know for what reason, but he told me he was going to get me.”

In 2010, Davis declined to delve into the details.

“I’m not going to tell you,” Davis told Ice Cube, who put together a documentary on the team. “It’s a deeper story than you even dream, that I was well aware of, and I just got a certain approach to life.”

The truth still isn’t known (it’s believed in some circles that Davis didn’t approve of Allen’s friendship with O.J. Simpson — which would make Davis a genius), but it’s great to see Allen let bygones be bygones.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/marcus-allen-will-light-the-al-davis-flame-on-sunday/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers should be going into this game as a big favorite and they're not because after two games the Steelers have played average football. The defense hasn't looked good for an entire game, the offense is still laboring and the Steelers are missing three key players.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    You are so correct, sir. I look at the true parody in this league and knowing anybody can beat anybody on any given Sunday. Coupled in knowing my team has lost to some sad teams they should have beaten with ease. Losing that playoff game in Denver, just to name one.
    Yes, the league can be a "parody" of itself sometimes... but it also has parity.