Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 98

Thread: Uh oh, as some predicted

  1. #31
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Is Wallace injured? Yes.

    Did that have anything to do with his holdout? I guess you can think so, but there is no evidence to support that.

    You could just as easily blame the groin injury that Isaac Redman had on Mike Wallace's holdout as well...
    No way to know, but there is a TREND of players who hold out have a higher rate of hamstring and groin injuries than those who don't miss camp. It's kind of obvious.

  2. #32
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,994
    Proof to back it up instead of your flapping gumbs and of course basic logic..
    No one takes you serious here.
    My responses to your know-it-all posts are entertaining.
    Insanesteelersfan II, I'll get it out of you.
    Back to the subject.
    Post some evidence.
    A recent study done by certified medical staff or by the NFL.
    How do you know Wallaces' groin isnt just sore because it's sore.

    Does your family of doctors specialize in groin injuries?
    Are you a groin specialist?

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,579
    i'd bet wallass is faking it so he doesnt have to practrice.
    where was there any proof that he was actually working out wth a trainer in florida? because his agent said he was? an agent wouldnt lie about him being in great shape and working really hard to try to get a huge contract would he?
    we were told he was faster than ever because of this 'training'. i have yet to see him get behind a db.

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    It's funny, because you crack me up, and most of the forum. Your opinions are hilarious. I don't have to hype my value as a trainer, because I didn't become certified to sell my services. I have a real career, but I wanted to learn some of the new training techniques because I coach in my free time and wanted to put together some very sport specific training programs for my teams. I played 12 years of organized tackle football, and have never had an injury due to lack of contact. And you can simulate and replicate football conditions while training. Maybe your high school doesn't have a good enough trainer to show you how.
    Trainers are mostly delusional, thinking they offer such genius that they make a huge difference in athletic performance. I watch what the "certified" trainers do in my gym, and they basically torture their "clients" without offering superior results. In other words, they make their clients do extreme crap that doesn't make them in any better shape them doing other stuff that is not as much like torture. You don't need to make people do walking lunges across the gym in order to get their legs in shape. Not necessary. It cracks me up that trainers think that being "certified" makes them such an authority on the subject. How hard is it to get that certification? I know so many "dull knives" who are certified trainers. They are everywhere.

    I also know how NFL strength coaches roll. Their biggest, by far, concern is not getting players injured. That is by far their highest priority. But, bottom line, free weights are the most effective way to train football players, other than playing football. But an over-emphasis of power rack training can put too much stress and wear and tear on ankles, feet and knees, adding more stress to those body parts when they are already getting stress from just running around on the field.
    I recall Tom Coughlin was all about hard core power racks with free weights, like squats, clean and jerks, etc. but he kept having lots of lower body injuries. Was there a relation? Some feel there was. If only he had a "certified trainer" to consult him.

  5. #35
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I will point out that while Wallace is injured and we are wondering whether he will play on the Sunday; the player that the Steelers did reward with a big contract is practicing, will play and leads the team with 11 receptions. Appears to me that they made the right investment.
    Brown having 11 receptions and Wallace having 9 receptions is proof that they made the right investment? Two of Wallace's measly 9 post-holdout catches were for touchdowns, which is just as many TD catches as Brown has in his entire NFL career. And Wallace did practice today, by the way.

  6. #36
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Proof to back it up instead of your flapping gumbs and of course basic logic..
    No one takes you serious here.
    My responses to your know-it-all posts are entertaining.
    Insanesteelersfan II, I'll get it out of you.
    Back to the subject.
    Post some evidence.
    A recent study done by certified medical staff or by the NFL.
    How do you know Wallaces' groin isnt just sore because it's sore.

    Does your family of doctors specialize in groin injuries?
    Are you a groin specialist?
    No such thing, first of all. And, why do you need proof when plain common sense makes it more than obvious to anyone who has a working brain? Do I need to prove that "water is wet" to you as well? Where is the proof that water is wet. Do I need to prove the sun is bright? Where is the proof. I don't believe it is. And, groins don't just "get sore." It's not like when lifting weights and, like I am right now, sore from pushing muscles. Obviously, you have never pulled a groin or you wouldn't appear so ignorant right now. It's nothing subtle. It's like a gun shot, not just "sore." I crack up watching NFL games where it is clearly a pulled groin and the announcers never realize it when I do. When a dude stops suddenly from moving and puts his hand on his upper, inner thigh, it's always a pulled groin. Every time. If Wallace never had it hit him suddenly like that (and I never did see him react like his groin went, but it could have happened off camera) then he doesn't have a legit pulled groin. There is no version of it going slightly. When it pops, it pops and it ain't gonna get better fast. Had he not held out, an injury would be less likely, using mere common sense, if you have any.

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Hmmm... from this, it doesn't look like Wallace is thinking he'll be missing game time: http://www.steelers.com/news/article...e-9dfba8ebef15

  8. #38
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Brown having 11 receptions and Wallace having 9 receptions is proof that they made the right investment? Two of Wallace's measly 9 post-holdout catches were for touchdowns, which is just as many TD catches as Brown has in his entire NFL career. And Wallace did practice today, by the way.
    Good gawd!!!!! I was just jerking the Wallace supporters around. Don't take everything as such a serious commentary on world affairs. Can't we have fun here anymore without everyone thinking their PhD in football knowledge is being attacked?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No such thing, first of all. And, why do you need proof when plain common sense makes it more than obvious to anyone who has a working brain? Do I need to prove that "water is wet" to you as well? Where is the proof that water is wet. Do I need to prove the sun is bright? Where is the proof. I don't believe it is. And, groins don't just "get sore." It's not like when lifting weights and, like I am right now, sore from pushing muscles. Obviously, you have never pulled a groin or you wouldn't appear so ignorant right now. It's nothing subtle. It's like a gun shot, not just "sore." I crack up watching NFL games where it is clearly a pulled groin and the announcers never realize it when I do. When a dude stops suddenly from moving and puts his hand on his upper, inner thigh, it's always a pulled groin. Every time. If Wallace never had it hit him suddenly like that (and I never did see him react like his groin went, but it could have happened off camera) then he doesn't have a legit pulled groin. There is no version of it going slightly. When it pops, it pops and it ain't gonna get better fast. Had he not held out, an injury would be less likely, using mere common sense, if you have any.
    This is entirely speculative. While the holdout may have increased the risk of a pull, there is no causal link between the pull and the holdout. And as DeCastro and Spence will tell you, camp and the preseason is not without its own risks.

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Trainers are mostly delusional, thinking they offer such genius that they make a huge difference in athletic performance. I watch what the "certified" trainers do in my gym, and they basically torture their "clients" without offering superior results. In other words, they make their clients do extreme crap that doesn't make them in any better shape them doing other stuff that is not as much like torture. You don't need to make people do walking lunges across the gym in order to get their legs in shape. Not necessary. It cracks me up that trainers think that being "certified" makes them such an authority on the subject. How hard is it to get that certification? I know so many "dull knives" who are certified trainers. They are everywhere.

    I also know how NFL strength coaches roll. Their biggest, by far, concern is not getting players injured. That is by far their highest priority. But, bottom line, free weights are the most effective way to train football players, other than playing football. But an over-emphasis of power rack training can put too much stress and wear and tear on ankles, feet and knees, adding more stress to those body parts when they are already getting stress from just running around on the field.
    I recall Tom Coughlin was all about hard core power racks with free weights, like squats, clean and jerks, etc. but he kept having lots of lower body injuries. Was there a relation? Some feel there was. If only he had a "certified trainer" to consult him.

    And a wannabe Mental Health expert and Social Psychology Researcher as well. Talk about delusions ...
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •