Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 98

Thread: Uh oh, as some predicted

  1. #81
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    It's funny, because you crack me up, and most of the forum. Your opinions are hilarious. I don't have to hype my value as a trainer, because I didn't become certified to sell my services. I have a real career, but I wanted to learn some of the new training techniques because I coach in my free time and wanted to put together some very sport specific training programs for my teams. I played 12 years of organized tackle football, and have never had an injury due to lack of contact. And you can simulate and replicate football conditions while training. Maybe your high school doesn't have a good enough trainer to show you how.
    Yeah and don't forget, Groins can last for months!!
    Wasn't this guy picking on my grammar the other day??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  2. #82
    This thread is hilarious...got to laughing so hard, I pulled my groin...

  3. #83
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    From the kid who posts in lime green. If you can't defend your assertions (like how I pointed out how illogical they are) then you need to rethink your positions and try to go another direction. First, you claimed I was trying to be a "mental health professional" for some mysterious reason, that made no sense. Then you claimed I was like a "politician" with your proof statement being that I write things that made me disliked. Do politicians ever state things in order to be unpopular? You just have trouble with clear thinking, and, for that, I am sure you simply can't help. Your struggles in schooling were not your fault, most likely. And, if my posts are "alienating" that is only because I am responding to ad hominem attacks to begin with. I start no beef with nobody, as Flavor Flav would say.
    You may need to think a bit clearer before you post again, as DukieBoy never claimed you were like a politician.

    As for ad hominem attacks...if proof is what you want, then just go back through this thread and other threads and see which poster here is the one calling out people's intelligence and attempting to belittle folks. I'll give you a hint, the answer is YOU!

  4. #84
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,371
    I'll even make it easier to find:

    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...g-matter/page2


    D Rock: A real Steelers RB would do it if they had to.

    lloydroid: Based on...............?????????? Are you suggesting Jack Lambert wasn't tough since a turf toe made him retire?

    D Rock: Do you always make things up that have no relation to what was said?

    lloydroid: Try to follow along if you can. The assertion was made that "a real running back would still play with turf toe." That is an assertion that is straight forward and simple. Hence, if one believes the above, then one would also, likely and logically, think Lambert wasn't a "real LB" since he retired from the same injury. If you apply basic logic, you will "get it."

    Here are the facts on the injury. Please feel free to learn. Thank you.
    http://amog.com/sports/152501-turf-toe/







  5. #85
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,061
    There is no groin pull. It is false info let out so the raiders don't worry about Wallace or some kind of ploy. Same as why Ben is "hurt" all the time.

  6. #86
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,078
    Wallace's running style makes him susceptible to groin injuries...

  7. #87
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Trainers are mostly delusional, thinking they offer such genius that they make a huge difference in athletic performance. I watch what the "certified" trainers do in my gym, and they basically torture their "clients" without offering superior results. In other words, they make their clients do extreme crap that doesn't make them in any better shape them doing other stuff that is not as much like torture. You don't need to make people do walking lunges across the gym in order to get their legs in shape. Not necessary. It cracks me up that trainers think that being "certified" makes them such an authority on the subject. How hard is it to get that certification? I know so many "dull knives" who are certified trainers. They are everywhere.

    I also know how NFL strength coaches roll. Their biggest, by far, concern is not getting players injured. That is by far their highest priority. But, bottom line, free weights are the most effective way to train football players, other than playing football. But an over-emphasis of power rack training can put too much stress and wear and tear on ankles, feet and knees, adding more stress to those body parts when they are already getting stress from just running around on the field.
    I recall Tom Coughlin was all about hard core power racks with free weights, like squats, clean and jerks, etc. but he kept having lots of lower body injuries. Was there a relation? Some feel there was. If only he had a "certified trainer" to consult him.
    LloydDroid....i have to totally agree with you and ur assessment of "personal trainers"...they usually dangerous or extremely ineffective.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  8. #88
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I remember all the hype about it. There was a buzz about it. But I didn't see it until years later, and to me, it seemed to be trying to be Risqu'e too hard. Maybe if I watched it when it first came out I would have thought differently.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHrl-PyvTE
    I was too young to catch any of the hype around it when it came out, so that might have something to do with my opinion. Everything is over-hyped nowadays. I rarely see/watch/listen to anything that's force fed to me by the media anymore just out of spite.

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'm sure Hermione knows a healing spell that could be used on Wallace's groin.
    She can cast a spell on my...okay that one's just too easy.
    Last edited by eniparadoxgma; 09-21-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I know more than one. I have hung with one of the foremost, leading experts in strength training in the world - a dude all these "certified trainers" worship. And he is king of the "extreme stuff." Like, everything I see him have people doing are all things that look like hell, and I would never want to do. Did you see the videos of Ziggy Hoods new workouts? All that equipment he used was sold to him by a buddy of mine.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq53TKUWxNQ

    What's my point? What's your point?
    So in your last post to me you say trainers crack you up, and their methods are useless, then you post a Ziggy Hood training video and say you know a guy who sold him the training equipment, and you have hung out with the world's leading experts in strength training. Do these guys train you at your Jr. High School? Oh, and my point was you don't know what your talking about on any subject, then you seem to go off on a tangent when someone points it out. That's all.

  10. #90
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    121
    Hawaiian,

    I agree that it would not be cool to suggest that someone root for another team simply because they disagree with you. I find it completely annoying when someone comes on these message boards spewing out information in a supercilious way without any attempt at camaraderie. We all have something in common here. We all root for the Steelers.
    The dude is so polarizing that even when he says something that makes a good point it seems that people find it difficult to agree.
    It gets old when so many threads are littered with navel gazing hubrus.
    I don't post much. But, his posts have gone "beyond" annoying (oh wait! from a logical standpoint: beyond annoying would mean outside of the realm of annoying thus not annoying )


    Go Steelers! Beat dem Raiders!!! May you all have happy and healthy groins!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •