Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean Spence - injury updates?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Sean Spence - injury updates?

Is anyone aware of the latest on Sean Spence's injury? I know he's IR'd for the year, but I'm curious if there's been any estimation of his return, and his current status. His injury was a terrible thing to see.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PittSteel View Post
    Is anyone aware of the latest on Sean Spence's injury? I know he's IR'd for the year, but I'm curious if there's been any estimation of his return, and his current status. His injury was a terrible thing to see.
    I was just wondering about that myself... I was so disappointed seeing him get injured in the last preseason game. Hopefully someone has some good news to share because I haven't heard a thing thus far.

Legend

User Info Menu

I really don't see how a "speed guy" like Spence comes back from multiple ligament tears. That was really ugly. I hope he turns out to be a medical miracle.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I really don't see how a "speed guy" like Spence comes back from multiple ligament tears. That was really ugly. I hope he turns out to be a medical miracle.
    Willis McGahee came back from the same injuries, but 10 years ago...Spence is as good an athlete, but is dealing with more advanced surgical techniques...

Legend

User Info Menu

My concern when I saw it was "Is his career over?".

Starter

User Info Menu

Not sure about his prognosis, but he was at an appearance with Antonio Brown and DeMarcus VanDyke earlier this week.

[url]https://mobile.twitter.com/TomScrapBradley/status/248238895769206784?photo=1[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

no reason to think he won't recover.

I hope.

Legend

User Info Menu

he has youth on his side

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Willis McGahee came back from the same injuries, but 10 years ago...Spence is as good an athlete, but is dealing with more advanced surgical techniques...

I hope you are right. I'd really like to see him come back and be very successful. However, if I'm Kevin Colbert I'm drafting an ILB in the first 3 round of the 2013 draft just to make sure.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not jumping for joy about next year's ILB draft class, though. If Manti Te'o falls to us in the first, or if Shayne Skov falls to us in the second, sure, go ahead and pounce on one of them if they are best available for us at that stage. But remember that we could also use a safety or two in this next draft, and there appear to be numerous prospects who might intrigue us on the first or second day of the draft (Eric Reid, Tony Jefferson, T.J. McDonald, Robert Lester, Kenny Vaccaro, Bacarri Rambo, or Matt Elam). If Harrison's injuries continue to linger and neither Carter nor Worilds step up to the plate as expected, another OLB prospect may be coming. And depending on what they decide to do with Wallace and Mendenhall for the future (since both of their contracts are up after this season, a new WR or RB may be in the works).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.