Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer has turf toe, no joking matter

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dwyer has turf toe, no joking matter

Source: The Associated Press

Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jonathan Dwyer (toe) is dealing with turf toe and will be limited in practice early in the week.
    Turf toe is a significant injury, especially for a RB. Let's not forget: Turf toe made Jack Lambert retire. I have a good friend who has been suffering from the ailment for years and the doctor just recently told him: "You have the toe of a 75-year old."

This could likely be the end to the JD campaign and push Mendenhall's return quicker than they ideally wished. JD is not practicing, RM is. And Tomlin said that they would "knock him around some this week" so RM's participation is being ramped up.

It's a bummer. I had high hopes for JD and it's not looking like they will come to fruition at this point. I guess it just wasn't in the cards. Back to Spinderhall and Redman on goal line. Sigh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cut it off. He still has four on that foot.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Trying to run without a big toe would be akin to trying to grab heavy objects missing a thumb. It is a very big deal to try to run without a functional big toe. Or else, why would Jack Lambert retire from turf toe? It sounds very minor but in reality it is a serious injury, unless the severity of the sprain is low, and I don't know how severe he dinged it. No idea.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That was worth the milk on my keyboard.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Relevant: [URL]http://sauceandboss.blogspot.com/2012/09/tomlin-press-conference-week-3.html[/URL]
    My Steeler Blog:
    [url="http://www.skinablog.com/topics/sports"]http://www.skinablog.com/topics/sports[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Expat View Post
    Relevant: [URL]http://sauceandboss.blogspot.com/2012/09/tomlin-press-conference-week-3.html[/URL]
    Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, Rashard Mendenhall and Stevenson Sylvester are all on the day by day approach. Disturbingly, Tomlin said that Jonathan Dwyer has turf toe. Like any injury, there are degrees of severity. But if you live in Pittsburgh and you utter the words "turf toe" in a bar full of old dudes, undoubtedly, one of them will say...Hey turf toe ended Lambert's career.
    So true. So true.

Legend

User Info Menu

This was one of the big issues with Dwyer all along - durability.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I thought that Redman's arms and legs and head were supposed to fall off before the end of week 2 because of the way he runs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I thought that Redman's arms and legs and head were supposed to fall off before the end of week 2 because of the way he runs.

I haven't noticed him running yet! So things can't fall off sitting on your backside in the backfield.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    that's because Dwyer's running style makes him conducive to injuries...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha