Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer has turf toe, no joking matter

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Trying to run without a big toe would be akin to trying to grab heavy objects missing a thumb. It is a very big deal to try to run without a functional big toe. Or else, why would Jack Lambert retire from turf toe? It sounds very minor but in reality it is a serious injury, unless the severity of the sprain is low, and I don't know how severe he dinged it. No idea.
    A real Steelers RB would do it if they had to.

0629bleier-a.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    A real Steelers RB would do it if they had to.

0629bleier-a.jpg
    Based on...............?????????? Are you suggesting Jack Lambert wasn't tough since a turf toe made him retire?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I thought that Redman's arms and legs and head were supposed to fall off before the end of week 2 because of the way he runs.
    This just in: He has been hurt every week.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I haven't noticed him running yet! So things can't fall off sitting on your backside in the backfield.
    Also, by week 2 he is SPLITTING carries ALREADY with JD, so he has less chance to get injured. The prognostications about IR being on IR was based on him being the clear #1 back, which he already is NOT. They are splitting carries, right down the middle.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Also, by week 2 he is SPLITTING carries ALREADY with JD, so he has less chance to get injured. The prognostications about IR being on IR was based on him being the clear #1 back, which he already is NOT. They are splitting carries, right down the middle.
    One of them is limited in practice this week...it isn't Redman....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Based on...............?????????? Are you suggesting Jack Lambert wasn't tough since a turf toe made him retire?

Do you always make things up that have no relation to what was said?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's because Dwyer's running style makes him conducive to injuries...

Legend

User Info Menu

So much for Dwyer being the savior of the run game. Time to move on to the next back on the roster.... plug and play, that's the new motto.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I thought that Redman's arms and legs and head were supposed to fall off before the end of week 2 because of the way he runs.
    <insert laughing smiley here because emoticons don't seem to be working for me at the moment>

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I haven't noticed him running yet! So things can't fall off sitting on your backside in the backfield.
    I completely agree. I mean, why isn't Redman stopping the opposing DL from breaking through into the backfield repeatedly? But who cares? Let's just look at the stat sheet and blame the RB!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's because Dwyer's running style makes him conducive to injuries...
    <insert another laughing smiley here>
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Do you always make things up that have no relation to what was said?
    Try to follow along if you can. The assertion was made that "a real running back would still play with turf toe." That is an assertion that is straight forward and simple. Hence, if one believes the above, then one would also, likely and logically, think Lambert wasn't a "real LB" since he retired from the same injury. If you apply basic logic, you will "get it."

Here are the facts on the injury. Please feel free to learn. Thank you.
    [url]http://amog.com/sports/152501-turf-toe/[/url]