Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer has turf toe, no joking matter

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Try to follow along if you can. The assertion was made that "a real running back would still play with turf toe." That is an assertion that is straight forward and simple. Hence, if one believes the above, then one would also, likely and logically, think Lambert wasn't a "real LB" since he retired from the same injury. If you apply basic logic, you will "get it."

Here are the facts on the injury. Please feel free to learn. Thank you.
    [URL]http://amog.com/sports/152501-turf-toe/[/URL]
    What you are saying here is that the irony of the statement completely escaped you.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Try to follow along if you can. The assertion was made that "a real running back would still play with turf toe." That is an assertion that is straight forward and simple. Hence, if one believes the above, then one would also, likely and logically, think Lambert wasn't a "real LB" since he retired from the same injury. If you apply basic logic, you will "get it."

Here are the facts on the injury. Please feel free to learn. Thank you.
    [URL]http://amog.com/sports/152501-turf-toe/[/URL]
    Let me help YOU to try and follow along, son.

Someone said he should amputate the toe. You failed to realize that it was a joke, and made a post about how that wouldn't be a good idea and how necessary the toe is. I then posted a picture of a man considered to be both a total bada** and who was also a Steelers RB. I'll fill you in just in case you are unaware. Rocky Bleier fought in the Vietnam War. He was shot. He then had a grenade explode all over his leg. He then went in to beast mode, made a very painful comeback, and became a successful RB in the NFL as well as a fan favorite.

And the assertion made was that a real Steelers RB would amputate the toe if he had to in order to keep playing. I should know, because I made the assertion. For being such a simple and straight forward assertion, you sure did miss the mark on understanding it. Please try to keep up, wont you?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

somehow I don't think dwyer will get a postcard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    somehow I don't think dwyer will get a postcard.

or go to the Pro Bowl as someone predicted...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Turf toe in a decade long career is different than turf toe in year 2 or 3

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Let me help YOU to try and follow along, son.

Someone said he should amputate the toe. You failed to realize that it was a joke, and made a post about how that wouldn't be a good idea and how necessary the toe is. I then posted a picture of a man considered to be both a total bada** and who was also a Steelers RB. I'll fill you in just in case you are unaware. Rocky Bleier fought in the Vietnam War. He was shot. He then had a grenade explode all over his leg. He then went in to beast mode, made a very painful comeback, and became a successful RB in the NFL as well as a fan favorite.

And the assertion made was that a real Steelers RB would amputate the toe if he had to in order to keep playing. I should know, because I made the assertion. For being such a simple and straight forward assertion, you sure did miss the mark on understanding it. Please try to keep up, wont you?

D Rock, if you are implying that Mendenhall should play after getting hit with a grenade, I think you should do some research first and feel free to learn more about grenades: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anjang86 View Post
    D Rock, if you are implying that Mendenhall should play after getting hit with a grenade, I think you should do some research first and feel free to learn more about grenades: [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade[/URL]
    wow. Blast from the past. Did you just find where you had written down you user name and password after all these years???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Crash has returned.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Awesome thread!! Do they still give Stemmys here? Or was that the other faction that was once on the Trib?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    wow. Blast from the past. Did you just find where you had written down you user name and password after all these years???
    Nah. I've always been lurking but haven't had the time to post and keep up with conversations like I used to. Couldn't resist posting in this thread though.

I check TribLive every day hoping they open the old forums back up