Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2012 Week 2 – Jets

Redundant Thoughts 2012 Week 2 – Jets

1. Co-hosting Redundant Thoughts this week will be the lovely Emma Watson:

and how …

2. The Steelers opener saw them returning to the place where they lost their last game last year. The Steelers home opener features the QB who dealt them that last loss.

3. Based off of last week’s performance (from each team in this case) I wasn’t expecting much from this game. I got to the sports bar and settled in for what I thought would be a long day.

4. Is Ben an elite QB, gah, who knows? But I have noticed that when the sports commentators are talking about the elite QBs they rarely mention Ben. But as in the case last week, “beating Ben” is typically referred to as a solid win for the likes of Peyton Manning. It seems that Ben will forever fall short of the elite but always be too cool to hang out with Matt Schaub … but then again, who isn’t, right?

Wait, did I leave the stove on? …

5. Election year …

I hear Paul Ryan is quite the Packers fan.

6. The Patriots lose, the Ravens lose, the Cowboys lose and the world makes much more sense on this Tuesday morning other than the fact that they all lost to the likes of the Cardinals, Seahawks and Mike Vick.

7. What’s up with the yellow shoes? You know who else notices feet?

8. At least the horse is already dead and feels nothing from my continued hitting it with this here stick … and I will continue to complain until this unjust travesty is righted:

Damn the early games if they run long.
    Schadenfreude has nothing for me when the Steelers are on another station. Yes, if I have to watch another game it might as well be any one in which the Ravens are losing but still. I hate being late, just like the elite QB, Eli Manning:

9. They finally cut over (after a commercial break of course) to show Santonio Holmes “jetting” into the Steelers endzone with 4:14 left in the first half. The announcers (Nantz and Simms) were quite enamored with the Jets drive. You know SanAntonio was enjoying that TD …

troll much? …

10. Ok, the replacement refs are awful, my kingdom for the real refs! Forgive me Eddie Hoc, I will never make fun of you again.
    … ok, maybe one more time. Let’s see … Google Image Search for “Ed Hochuli funny” and …

Close enough …

11. Did the refs realize that they were ALLOWED to let a play go without throwing a flag?

12. And it was so darn cute the way they would conference and seek consensus on every call, slowing the pace of the game to a crawl and boring us to death.

See … they put her to sleep. Emma is sleeping now … undoubtedly dreaming of Ron.

13. The Jets went from a long 7 point drive to a not-quite-as-long 3 point drive to not-doing-a-darn-thing the rest of the game. This is the DLB defense I am accustomed to seeing. I thought I heard Simms say that towards the middle of the fourth quarter that a Jets receiver had not had a catch since the 1st quarter. DLB seems to do that … take a couple drives to make the necessary adjustments and lock it down. Unless of course the QB goes into a no-huddle which Mark Sanchez has no hope of ever running consistently.

14. This was a quality victory that the Steelers should feel good about. Their defense was playing well without a couple of stars and the offense was able to run the ball and even managed to “block” the other team’s players. It was almost like the Steelers had an offensive line again.

15. At one point early in the second quarter I turned to my brother and asked what the odds were on our defense both stopping the Jets on third down and not committing a penalty.

16. Heath Miller made his presence known. I’d criticize Haley for not featuring him more prominently in the game plan if the Steelers had an offensive line. As it is, the guy needs to help out in the trenches.

17. Speaking of making an appearance in the passing game let’s welcome back Mike Wallace from his long hiatus, making a catch that was simultaneously awkward and beautiful at the same time.

18. Tebow should make himself useful on the sideline by playing some cowbell. That way nobody could accuse the Jets of needing more cowbell.

Hey, my mom tells me I am hilarious!

19. Let it be known that the citizens of Steeler Nation readily acknowledge the terrible spot that initially gave them the first down. But Rex Ryan is still an overrated, blowhard windbag.

20. Did you see the Steelers kicker auditioning for the Pittsburgh MLS team?

21. It was my understanding that the Dolphins beat Oakland by running on them. If the Dolphins can hang 35 points on the Raiders, the Steelers have no excuse other than playing down to their competition which they NEVER do right? RIGHT?

22. You’ll notice he didn’t throw a pick.

Interesting.

23. Discipline might be this team’s Achilles heel. 3rd and 33?

24. With the amount of flags in this game it was particularly annoying to see SanAntonio Holmes whining for a flag on every play.

25. The Jets blinked in this game. The Steelers were taking every hit and dishing out more. Redman was getting some yards after first contact, they out-physicaled the Jets.

26. Simms also mentioned that the 3rd quarter drive was the longest Steelers drive in 5 years at 10:13.

27. And of course Peyton Manning goes out the week after playing lights-out against the Steelers and throws 10,000 picks against the Falcons like he is drunk or something.

28. Lulz: http://cavemancircus.com/2012/09/17/...os/#more-15278

29. Perspective: I spend every week of every season waiting for the other shoe to drop, call me a hopeless optimist. I see the starters dropping like flies or walking the sideline in street clothes in week 1, the Oline shuffling around in ever new and interesting formations and have a hard time believing that this will be anything but a long year. However, this is a significant win in that it shows that the coaching staff did do its job this week. The Steelers that were able to play were ready to play. Lets hope that this trend can continue on the left coast this week.

Legend
    A weekly highlights as always. Thank you.

I will take exception to #21. The Steelers without Mendy haven't proven they could run over a good college team let alone another NFL team.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Legend
    I dont get the Emma Watson connection here? Am I missing something or is it just some sorta fetish for the Harry Potter gril?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I dont get the Emma Watson connection here? Am I missing something or is it just some sorta fetish for the Harry Potter gril?

My guess is........

(B) Strange fetish

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    She's 22 years old now. It's officially ok to have a creepy crush on the little girl from Harry Potter.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    She's 22 years old now. It's officially ok to have a creepy crush on the little girl from Harry Potter.
    At least it beats having an even creepier crush on the boy from Harry Potter....Jerry Sandusky....

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by redundantman View Post
    7. What’s up with the yellow shoes? You know who else notices feet?

Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine.

The guards simply didn't notice. Neither did I...

I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?

tumblr_m2ss1n5cuj1qhhpdho1_1280.jpg

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Legend
    The Family Guy version of that movie always cracks me up:

Andy: I'm getting out of here tonight, Red. I'm gonna take the poop pipe to the crap swamp. Red: Wow. Where you're heading once you get out? Andy: Zihuatanejo. Red: Sounds fancy. Andy: Well, actually it's a filthy Mexican village. Listen, Red. When you get out of here, I want you to do something for me. Up in a hay field in Buxton, Maine, under an old oak tree, there's a rock that has no earthly business being there. Under that rock is a box with something I want you to have. Of course now that I think about it, I been in here for 25 years all these landmarks are based on possibly outdated observations. That whole area could be a Wal-Mart by now. If it is pick yourself up some nice cheap pants and good life to you.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine.

The guards simply didn't notice. Neither did I...

I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?

tumblr_m2ss1n5cuj1qhhpdho1_1280.jpg

Hahahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    A weekly highlights as always. Thank you.

I will take exception to #21. The Steelers without Mendy haven't proven they could run over a good college team let alone another NFL team.
    Yeah, but I thought the running game came off as passably effective against the Jests ... that beats the heck out of "waste of a down" that it was in week 1.