Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time For A Change?

Backup

User Info Menu

Time For A Change?

Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau showed off yet another wrinkle, a 4-2-5 configuration in which outside linebackers LaMarr Woodley and Chris Carter came off the field. Yes, it was a four-man line for the Steelers.
    “Something new, something new,” Woodley said. “It worked the few plays I saw it.”

Interested to know who the front four where?

Read more: [URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2619323-85/season-steelers-clark-playing-game-box-jets-mundy-oakland-polamalu#ixzz26ps1rax4[/URL]
    Follow us: [URL="http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=d-D-nM8emr4ALpacwqm_6l&u=triblive"]@triblive on Twitter[/URL] | [URL="http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=d-D-nM8emr4ALpacwqm_6l&u=triblive"]triblive on Facebook[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

According to the site-that-shall-not-be-named, it was Hood, Hampton, Heyward and Keisel...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is Ta'amu active on game days? I was really pumped up when we drafted him, felt we were lucky to get him where we did, but haven't heard much at all about him through camp, preseason, and now.....whats the word on him?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Is Ta'amu active on game days? I was really pumped up when we drafted him, felt we were lucky to get him where we did, but haven't heard much at all about him through camp, preseason, and now.....whats the word on him?
    He's usually inactive...Hampton and McClendon are the active NTs...you don't need three...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the coaching staff probably knew Ta'amu was going to need a year to get acclimated. Some here will foolishly say that this is another example of lebeau not rushing players onto the field. I read somewhere they basically have to rebuild him from the ground up.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    According to the site-that-shall-not-be-named, it was Hood, Hampton, Heyward and Keisel...
    Thanks for info, Nice to see they are trying to find ways to get more pressure and sacks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Sounds like a great 4-3 line to me. Eventually move Hood inside and put Woodley at DE.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Word is he is clearly no where near being ready to play in the NFL. Hope he improves. I was amped when they drafted him too, but he was FAIL so far.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ta'amu was a 4th round pick and clearly an investment for the future...

A big, space-eating 3-4 NT is a very useful commodity...with Hampton in the last year of his contract, it makes absolute sense to invest a 3rd day pick and spend a year getting him ready...

The Steelers are not a crappy team that needs a 4th round pick to come in and be an immediate contributor...with 2 capable NTs on the roster already, Ta'amu doesn't need to be thrown into the fire...

Legend

User Info Menu

Since when is a 4-2-5 formation revolutionary? It's called a standard nickel defense, and teams have been using in for decades. We tend to rotate pass rushers in and out to keep everyone fresh, so just because Woodley and Carter were on the sideline and Hood, Hampton, Heyward and Keisel were all in at once, that makes this something new? Okey dokey...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.