Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clark more valuable than Troy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Clark more valuable than Troy

Maybe it's too simplistic of an analysis, but bottom line, I think the D is better when Clark is in and TP is missing than vise versa. Clark was nearly flawless yesterday. He is always in position, always makes the tackle, always creating fear in the opposition. TP has been flopping and flailing more than producing these days. Troy in, Clark out? Our D gets scorched in Denver. Clark in, TP out? We pretty much blanket the Jets after the 1st Q. They were stymied; they couldn't do anything.

I think it's quite possible that Clark is more valuable to our D than TP - who, might be more of a liability than benefit these days. I am not concluding that as fact, but it is more of a possibility than it ever has been. Let's put it this way: From here on out, I will be more concerned when Clark is out than if TP is. Given the choice, I'd take Clark in and TP out than they other way around. This is no knock on TP, who has been nothing short of amazing in his career. It's just how it seems in the present.

Legend

User Info Menu

Peyton Manning is way, way, way more valuable than Mark Sanchez.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Clark may be more valuable in that he allows Troy to be Troy...

If Clark were able to play in Denver, Troy would have never lined up 20 yards off the ball and you might have seen a very different game from Peyton Manning...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not sure if he's more valuable but he really shined yesterday. I have said that he's the best player on this team behind Ben and Troy.

He is definitely now the leader of this D.

Legend

User Info Menu

With Troy at 100%...no way. However we may never see Troy at 100% ever again. He just looks heavy to me this year compared to years past.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heavy and slow and a bit bored.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Heavy and slow and a bit bored.
    how in the hell does he look bored? And you spotted this in one game? You must be a doctor or something. Thank you so much for providing such valuable insight for the board.

this place never ceases to amaze.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    how in the hell does he look bored? And you spotted this in one game? You must be a doctor or something. Thank you so much for providing such valuable insight for the board.

this place never ceases to amaze.
    He does look heavy and slow, compared to his old self. As far as bored, well, sure, maybe we can't spot that necessarily, but I know what skyhawk means. TP does have an appearance of not being as intense as he used to be. There is something different about him in his demeanor - maybe because he is hurt and kind of bummed out about being hurt yet AGAIN.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Not sure if he's more valuable but he really shined yesterday. I have said that he's the best player on this team behind Ben and Troy.

He is definitely now the leader of this D.
    And the guy is no dolt; many times the real hitters aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but Clark is really bright. And really aggressive. He is all over the field, seems to really know the D inside and out. He is the glue out there. This D suffers without him. The Jets were totally frustrated trying to throw the ball after the 1st Q. They were so depressed and beat down.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Best combination is Clark & Polamalu. That is the best combination against the run and pass. I think it was Jim Wexell last year that talked about how Clark is the glue that allows this defense to do what it does. Even Polamalu talks about how Clark makes him the best player he can be.