Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Clark more valuable than Troy

Legend

User Info Menu

non sequiturs and apple autocorrect trump grammar on the internet, so why bother? and caps take too much effort.

i expect most steelers fans to be relatively dumb knuckledraggers like me.

also the interruptions. i get interrpted all the time. type half a post. come back later, type some more stuff. forget what i typed. retype stuff midsentence.

actually i see all kidns of words underlined as misspellings. i can't spell anything.

seriously though, i used to think less of people 20+ years ago when they misspelled stuff in emails. but that was a different generation. now speed rules the day. at least in many circumstances. i want my brain surgeon to be precise, but who cares about some guy on the internet.

now i view proper grammar today like i view bad grammar 20+ years ago. it's like a bit of a flaw to the other extreme. maybe it's that i can't type crap on my iphone. i think some technology made grammar unimportant. not sure when it happened. but it did. and now it seems more important to get thoughts across quickly and efficiently rather than grammar being important.

that was really long winded and contradicted everything i just said. like i mentioned earlier, i'm a dumby on both ends of the spectrum.

And I think Troy is the most amazing football player to ever step on a football field. Defends more blades of grass than any player in the history of the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Three of my parents were english teachers and I went to a liberal arts college.
    The product of a menage a trois...an authority on singular vs. plural.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The product of a menage a trois...an authority on singular vs. plural.
    I read the reply before your screen name and knew it was you

And it's my 2 parents plus a step-mom after dad moved on! And I ain't an authority - they did all my english homework for me lol.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

And I think Troy is the most amazing football player to ever step on a football field. Defends more blades of grass than any player in the history of the game.
    He ___USED___ to. Now he is hurt all the time, flops around, misses tackles. Clark is playing straight and tight. TP on the sidelines. Clark > TP in the here and now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    He ___USED___ to. Now he is hurt all the time, flops around, misses tackles. Clark is playing straight and tight. TP on the sidelines. Clark > TP in the here and now.
    Saying that Clark is better than Troy because Clark had a solid day on the field while Troy was injured on the sidelines in the here and now is like saying that that Dante Rosario is better than Antonio Gates because Rosario had 3 TD's on the field while Gates was injured on the sidelines in the here and now.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Clark isn't as good as Troy on his best day. For anyone who thinks so, does that include a game in Denver. Oh sorry, he won't be playing that one.

Kinda hard to criticize Troy for getting hurt actually playing in a game that Clark didn't even dress for don't ya think????????
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While I love Ryan Clark and the way he plays it is silly to think he is as good or better than Troy. Clark is a 'glue' type player where Troy is the superstar. You need both types of players to win. Where Clark is good in almost all facets he doesn't have instincts that Troy does. They both blend together on this team very well. They will be hard to replace.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!