Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Clark more valuable than Troy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You should be blocked for reading and comprehension failure.
    I should be blocked for my typos and brain farts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You should be blocked for reading and comprehension failure.
    Coming from the guy who doesn't capitalize his own proper board name!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I should be blocked for my typos and brain farts.
    Is that what smells in here? Brain farts?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Coming from the guy who doesn't capitalize his own proper board name!!
    That's what you are reduced to? LMAO. OK, everyone who didn't capitalize his board name is banned. And everyone who lacks any skills to make more than minimum in the work place is sentenced to a life of depression. Look at your own board name. ROTMFFLMMFAO.

Backup

User Info Menu

Troy Polamalu is our best player. No one on our team has more Pro Bowls, All Pro nominations etc. The most accomplished and most respected Steeler is Troy Polamalu. FOR A REASON

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Troy Polamalu is our best player. No one on our team has more Pro Bowls, All Pro nominations etc. The most accomplished and most respected Steeler is Troy Polamalu. FOR A REASON
    Ok, I am going to use proper grammar since Lloyddroid (notice the proper capitalization here) is so picky about punctuation, spelling, etc.

Troy is not perfect, but the only thing that can slow him down is/are injuries. (Ok, I need some help. Do I use "is" or "are" here?? Anyone??)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Ok, I am going to use proper grammar since Lloyddroid (notice the proper capitalization here) is so picky about punctuation, spelling, etc.

Troy is not perfect, but the only thing that can slow him down is/are injuries. (Ok, I need some help. Do I use "is" or "are" here?? Anyone??)
    The only THING that can slow him down IS an injury. The only THINGS that can slow him down ARE injuries.

Three of my parents were english teachers and I went to a liberal arts college.

The only thing I can think though is that "injuries" could be considered singular? But the thing/injury things/injuries have to match in the sentence.

And I think "could" would be a better more grammatically correct word. LOL. Is that sentence right? whoops - Here: would be a more grammatically correct word. Damn you Lloyddroid!!!!

EDIT: And I think "could" would be a better, more grammatically correct word. That could work too? Anyone?? Buehler?
    Last edited by skyhawk; 09-18-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's what you are reduced to? LMAO. OK, everyone who didn't capitalize his board name is banned. And everyone who lacks any skills to make more than minimum in the work place is sentenced to a life of depression. Look at your own board name. ROTMFFLMMFAO.

Perhaps, one day, maybe even within two decades, adolescence will finally come to an end for you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The only thing I can think though is that "injuries" could be considered singular?
    "Injury" is singular, "injuries" are plural and could never be considered singular.

I don't know this to be a fact, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express many years ago.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, we would all like to see Troy play like he did in his 2nd season, but he is in his 10th season. It simply isn't realistic to expect the same level of play. When you play at such a high level early on, any drop-off would be noticeable (what's the cliche; those on high pedestals have the farthest to fall?). I give Troy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he is pacing himself because he knows it is a long season and he is more aware of his body and age. Hell, some say that Woodley takes half the season off before hitting his stride and he is only in his 6th season.
    Plus, do you really think Peyton Manning would make adjustments to the play call based on where Clark is lining up like he was doing with Troy in game 1? Doubt it.