Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we stop the RB Debate?

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't changed my opinion on the matter. I think both Redman and Dwyer run HARDER than Mendy and have a better shot at making something out of nothing. Mendy has a few better moves and more speed and can take one to the house if he gets into the secondary.

If there is no hole Redman/Dwyer > Mendy.

Overall, the weakest link in our run game is the offensive line. Redman's average was killed by the number of times there was someone in the backfield immediately after he got the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Post-Jets thoughts

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2012
    by Dale Lolley

@ The Steelers scrapped their outside running attack in the second half and started running right at the Jets.

It says here they should continue along that path until Rashard Mendenhall comes back and shows he's healthy.

Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer are not east-west runners.

[URL]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, that's the crazy part - with this [B minus at best] grade OL, and runners that really are only any good going north/south (thus exposing them to all the consequences of the OL's faults) ... we STILL burn 10 min off the clock in the 4th qrtr.

How does that happen?

I don't care, I just say ... WHOOOOOOT!!!!!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I haven't changed my opinion on the matter. I think both Redman and Dwyer run HARDER than Mendy and have a better shot at making something out of nothing. Mendy has a few better moves and more speed and can take one to the house if he gets into the secondary.

If there is no hole Redman/Dwyer > Mendy.

Overall, the weakest link in our run game is the offensive line. Redman's average was killed by the number of times there was someone in the backfield immediately after he got the ball.

Still got Foster on the OL. The interior of the OL did not move the Jets off the LOS, but there was a lot of penetration from Fosters side. Either he's the problem or Pouncey. I tend to believe the former. BTW Colon wasn't a world beater either.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

When the rubber met the road, as Tomlin says, Redman and Dwyer were able to get it done...

On the last drive, Redman had a 10 yard carry, a 14 yard catch and run, a 6 yard carry and a short TD run where he was met in the backfield but still scored...

Dwyer added a 4 yard carry and a 7 yard carry on that drive as well...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    The beauty about the whole thing is that even with a patchwork OL we are still getting it done. This backfield by committee is the flexibility we need to keep wearing teams down. I love that stat in the 4th... 10+ min. drive. Granted we had help with some mental mistakes by gang green but this D we faced today aint no slouch.
    They were minus Revis, their best player. He would have made a difference. Who knows if we would have been as successful with him taking away our best WR and locking down half the field. They could have committed another safety to the rush if they had Revis out there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    They were minus Revis, their best player. He would have made a difference. Who knows if we would have been as successful with him taking away our best WR and locking down half the field. They could have committed another safety to the rush if they had Revis out there.
    And if we had James Harrison and Troy Polamalu at full health, we might have held the Jets to minus 10 points.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not to mention DeCastro...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    And if we had James Harrison and Troy Polamalu at full health, we might have held the Jets to minus 10 points.
    Wont happen as long as DL is our DC

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Still think it's Dwyer over Redman?

I. Redman 12 / 25 yds
    J. Dwyer 12 / 28 yds.

These running backs are interchangeable and I don't see one taking it away from the other based on two games played.
    Are you kidding? If not for the TERRIBLE tackling courtesy of the New York Jets those second effort runs by Redman don't happen. Dwyer has better vision, better feet and can actually make people miss. Redman is a battering ram. Once our o-line is situated Dwyer is going to be a exceptional compliment to Mendenhall, hell he may prove to be better. I thought Redman looked putrid yesterday even with the TD run.