Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like it or not, Clark.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Like it or not, Clark.....

Is the heart and soul of this defense right now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He really brought it tonight, didn't he. He almost always does.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers need to really start looking at their future options at both Safety spots. Attitude & leadership need to be high on the list of attributes required. Both Troy & Clark are perfect mentors for the future generation of Safety play- but don't wait too long to get their replacements or the young guys won't benefit from their experience long enough. Next draft- 2 Safeties.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Attitude & leadership need to be high on the list of attributes required
    I concur bro

Legend

User Info Menu

Clark is Digest Player of Week

by Bob Labriola
    Steelers Digest

In the National Football League, it’s not necessarily a good thing when your free safety leads the team in tackles. In many cases, that can indicate a game where the opposing offense was successful in getting the ball down the field on a consistent basis, but that doesn’t describe what happened yesterday at Heinz Field.

Ryan Clark led the Steelers in tackles, but since the Jets scored only one touchdown – that coming on their first possession of the game – and only crossed midfield once in the entire second half, it was obviously not a situation where they were having their way with the Steelers defense. One of Clark’s tackles was for a loss, he had one pass defensed and got pressure on Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez a couple of times.

On a day when the Steelers defense had to play without a pair of All-Pros – James Harrison and Troy Polamalu – Ryan Clark stepped up and delivered. He is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who made a strong case for a second straight Player of the Week designation by completing 24-of-31 to 10 different receivers for 275 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 125.1; Antonio Brown, who led the team with seven catches for 79 yards and returned a punt for 10 more; Mike Wallace, who made a Pro Bowl play to get inside Jets CB Antonio Cromartie for a 37-yard touchdown reception; and LaMarr Woodley, who had two tackles, including one for a loss, one sack and two other hits on the quarterback.

[URL="http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Clark-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/c5b36ef6-f384-417c-9f61-a1eb0a07ecc1"]http://www.steelers.com/news/article...1-a1eb0a07ecc1[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Will just add, Ben was outstanding this week. Follows on from being close to outstanding last week. Looks like he's adopting Haley's offense well. Thought Woodley was disruptive, and Wallace is easily one of the top 10 WR's in the NFL...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right after Clark was Ike Taylor
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Clark is Digest Player of Week

by Bob Labriola
    Steelers Digest

In the National Football League, it’s not necessarily a good thing when your free safety leads the team in tackles. In many cases, that can indicate a game where the opposing offense was successful in getting the ball down the field on a consistent basis, but that doesn’t describe what happened yesterday at Heinz Field.

Ryan Clark led the Steelers in tackles, but since the Jets scored only one touchdown – that coming on their first possession of the game – and only crossed midfield once in the entire second half, it was obviously not a situation where they were having their way with the Steelers defense. One of Clark’s tackles was for a loss, he had one pass defensed and got pressure on Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez a couple of times.

On a day when the Steelers defense had to play without a pair of All-Pros – James Harrison and Troy Polamalu – Ryan Clark stepped up and delivered. He is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who made a strong case for a second straight Player of the Week designation by completing 24-of-31 to 10 different receivers for 275 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 125.1; Antonio Brown, who led the team with seven catches for 79 yards and returned a punt for 10 more; Mike Wallace, who made a Pro Bowl play to get inside Jets CB Antonio Cromartie for a 37-yard touchdown reception; and LaMarr Woodley, who had two tackles, including one for a loss, one sack and two other hits on the quarterback.

[URL="http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Clark-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/c5b36ef6-f384-417c-9f61-a1eb0a07ecc1"]http://www.steelers.com/news/article...1-a1eb0a07ecc1[/URL]
    Larry Foote should have been the player of the week last week instead of Ben.

Ben should be player of the week this week instead of Clark.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've asked myself this a couple of times, " if the redskins didn't find favor in Clark, who is the great talent they replaced him with ? " Clark has no trouble bringing it and I thought he lacked that tough type style last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I've asked myself this a couple of times, " if the redskins didn't find favor in Clark, who is the great talent they replaced him with ? " Clark has no trouble bringing it and I thought he lacked that tough type style last season.
    Was it Adam Archuletta, one of their many FA busts?