Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Like it or not, Clark.....

Ha........... ! Did Snyder let go of Clark and replace him with a bust ? I've got to look this up now. I think it was Hope that Clark replaced and many were nervous if Clark could fill his shoes and I think Clark is better than Hope. My memory of Hope was or is, it took him a while to become an impact player for the Steelers or at least good and he did that as his last season for the Steelers. I was a bit chapped that, he took his time developing with the Steelers, got good and moved on but I'm happy now how it all turned out.

Just looked it up on Archuletta. He is apart of the 15 worst NFL contracts. The highest paid safety ever paid and is no longer playing football. Wow, I bet they wished they never let Clark leave the team or the 30 million they paid Archulettaa.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Was it Adam Archuletta, one of their many FA busts?
    After AA flamed out, then they used a super-high draft pick on LaRon Landry, who roided himself up David-Boston-style and was always injured. He's now on the Jets, and was responsible for at least 3 cheapshots against our receivers this weekend that I was able to discern from my perch up in Section 525.

Pro Bowler
    Skins also had that really, really good S die. Sean Taylor. He was really awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvE3I0A0fek

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Skins also had that really, really good S die. Sean Taylor. He was really awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvE3I0A0fek
    True...Sean Taylor was their Polamalu...and they were lucky enough to have Ryan Clark next to him in 2004 & 2005 (until they dumped Clark for crappy Archuleta prior to the 2006 season)...then Taylor was shot in the middle of the 2007 season.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    After AA flamed out, then they used a super-high draft pick on LaRon Landry, who roided himself up David-Boston-style and was always injured. He's now on the Jets, and was responsible for at least 3 cheapshots against our receivers this weekend that I was able to discern from my perch up in Section 525.
    Who was it that said Landry was the best player in that draft and that we should trade our future to get him.....?
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Who was it that said Landry was the best player in that draft and that we should trade our future to get him.....?
    I said that about Calvin Johnson in that same draft (was willing to go all Ditka and give up an entire draft for him...albeit over 2 years...at the time, I suggested a 1, 3, 5, & 7 in that draft, plus 2, 4, 6 in the next draft to the rebuilding Lions). Looking back, that means that we would have given up Lawrence Timmons, Matt Spaeth, Cameron Stephenson, Dallas Baker, Limas Sweed, Tony Hills, and Mike Humpal...wow, that would have been an awesome deal for us). Then again, being more realistic about our pick that year, I would have preferred Amobi Okoye or Adam Carriker to Darrelle Revis, so what do I know?