Thread: May be driving with my Android phone during the game next week ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

May be driving with my Android phone during the game next week ...

Does anyone know if/how internet radio can be heard on a smart phone (non-iPhone)? I've got NFL ticket at home, but haven't done anything to get it on my phone, and really don't want to pay just for that one game.

Thanks for any suggestions!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

If it works anything like Gamepass- it's easy. Chadman paid his Gamepass fee & then it's just a matter of downloading the App on the phone. Pretty easy- just search for it, and away you go. One thing Chadman has found- watching Gamepass on the phone does drain the battery quickly- make sure you are fully charged going in. This is using a Motorola Defy, not sure if your phone has better battery power or not.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    If it works anything like Gamepass- it's easy. Chadman paid his Gamepass fee & then it's just a matter of downloading the App on the phone. Pretty easy- just search for it, and away you go. One thing Chadman has found- watching Gamepass on the phone does drain the battery quickly- make sure you are fully charged going in. This is using a Motorola Defy, not sure if your phone has better battery power or not.
    SASF thanks Chadman for his equinic assistance! However, looks like Gamepass is only for outside the States though .

I looked up Sunday TIcket - $50 fee for an app. I could probably talk myself into paying that (for 1 game?? ... well, it's cheaper than a seat at the stadium he rationalized!), BUT ... it said it's "subject to local blackout". I'll be driving 4 hours, sounds like a potential pool of sorrow if I drive through some blacked out areas.

Does anyone listen to Steelers on internet radio on their Android phone?

Starter

User Info Menu

iheart radio app....970 ESPN or 102.5 WDVE..... Sometimes you have to listen to the other teams broadcast on their home station but its not bad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    iheart radio app....970 ESPN or 102.5 WDVE..... Sometimes you have to listen to the other teams broadcast on their home station but its not bad.
    Thanks, foco! Do you use iHeart Radio app for those stations? I wonder - is there a data transmission cost, is it like watching a movie, or more like talking on the phone?

I went on line and some people were complaining bitterly about their signals cutting in and out ... don't know if it's a phone model-specific or station specific thing,

Thanks again, if you have any experience with that, would love to hear!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Thanks, foco! Do you use iHeart Radio app for those stations? I wonder - is there a data transmission cost, is it like watching a movie, or more like talking on the phone?

I went on line and some people were complaining bitterly about their signals cutting in and out ... don't know if it's a phone model-specific or station specific thing,

Thanks again, if you have any experience with that, would love to hear!
    Yes I use the app for them, you can type in those stations to the search and find them. I assume it uses data though I'm not sure how much (I don't have to watch my usage right now since I still have an unlimited plan) I only experienced one signal cut out, I could never get that specific station back so I switched to a Cincinnati station for the rest of the game.

(I have heard that the nfl is starting to crack down on broadcast to mobile devices but I haven't experienced it yet. If I were you I would have a backup plan just incase)