Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger: A cerebral QB

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Greg Cosell has worked for NFL Films for decades. That means he watches game film for a living.

So have I, and yet, my opinion of him is quite different from yours. In fact, it aligns more properly with Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living.

And what I see is what Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living, has seen.

Rightly so. The Steelers wouldn't have made it to Super Bowl XL without him, and they wouldn't have won Super Bowl XLIII without him.

Seems about right, being the halfway point between 22.6 and 93.2, the latter being his passer rating in Super Bowl XLIII.

Yeah, that 40-yard catch-and-run by Holmes on the game-winning drive would have more than likely been just a 10-yard catch with no yards thereafter had Roethlisberger not faked out Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie with a pump fake to Mewelde Moore in the right flat just prior to the actual pass. Even Steve Young pointed that play out in the post-game coverage, noting that Roethlisberger set up the YAC by making Rodgers-Cromartie bite on the pump fake.

Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living, appears to disagree.

You love Peyton Manning, right? Did you see the acrobatics that Demariyous Thomas needed to catch the Broncos' first TD against the Falcons last Monday night? WRs get paid to make plays too, because not every pass is going to be poetry in motion, even from the best QBs. Speaking of poetry in motion, did you see Roethlisberger's TD pass to Heath Miller last game? Let's just pretend that never happened.

Hey, look, it's your credibility!

Well, it was your credibility...

Speaking of credibility, Greg Cosell watches game film for a living.
    When Greg Cossel was asked by T. Suggs on Sports Nation to name FOUR Steeler starters he COULDNT. That showed me how much he watches the Steelers. So let me get this right, you are comparing an OLD Manning (Who is still better than Ben) to a in his prime Roethlisberger? Manning is coming off of his 4th neck procedure so YES, he will have some ups and downs in regards to accuracy.

Manning Beat Ben head to head again. Ben is on the better team but Manning owns Ben head to head despite being on the pityful Colts. If Manning had Bens talent that the Steelers supply him with he would seldom lose.

Ben has played with Alan Faneca, Plaxico Burress, Jerome Bettis, Joey Porter, Hines Ward, James Harrison, M, Pouncey, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Troy Polamalu, Lemarr Woodley, Santonio Holmes and Heath Miller.

Sorry, Manning hasnt been as fortunate to be surrounded with that kind of talent.

Backup
    You guys kill me. Roethlisberger makes a ROUTINE pass to Heath for a TD. Isnt that a pass that you EXPECT a 9 year vet to make (Scratch that. You expect that from a ROOKIE)

Do you really want to compare Mannings accuracy with Ben Roethlisbergers? Thats laughable.

Hall of Famer
    You're the one that brought up the Qb ratings In the SBs

Point made? Lol

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    When Greg Cossel was asked by T. Suggs on Sports Nation to name FOUR Steeler starters he COULDNT. That showed me how much he watches the Steelers. So let me get this right, you are comparing an OLD Manning (Who is still better than Ben) to a in his prime Roethlisberger? Manning is coming off of his 4th neck procedure so YES, he will have some ups and downs in regards to accuracy.

Manning Beat Ben head to head again. Ben is on the better team but Manning owns Ben head to head despite being on the pityful Colts. If Manning had Bens talent that the Steelers supply him with he would seldom lose.

Ben has played with Alan Faneca, Plaxico Burress, Jerome Bettis, Joey Porter, Hines Ward, James Harrison, M, Pouncey, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Troy Polamalu, Lemarr Woodley, Santonio Holmes and Heath Miller.

Sorry, Manning hasnt been as fortunate to be surrounded with that kind of talent.
    Yeah. Peyton has had nobody to play with over the years.

Count how many of their high picks were on offense vs defense while he was there

Backup
    I listed who Ben has played with since 04. Now you go ahead and list WHO Manning has played with since 99 or so. Lets compare. Ok go

Hall of Famer
    I just did with the offense.

If you think that's comparable, so be it. Like I said you've already made up ur mind.

On the defensive side We're drafting back ups for 2 years with 3 1st round draft choices (hood, Timmons heyward) and throw in a middle 2nd for worldis

While the colts draft Gonzales to be their 3rd wr with Harrison and wayne already entrenched as the starters. Then A FEW YEARS ago draft a RB in the 1st to split time with addai

It's pretty clear how each organization wants to go about with their philosophy

Backup
    You are hesitant to list those name because you and I both know, where the talent lies. The talent lies in Pittsburgh. Our organization supplies Ben Roethlisberger with bookoo talent and he rewards them with mediocre stats. They pay him 100 million for ONE 30 TD season (Done before the contract 07). No, 30 TD seasons since he got his money. Ben Roethlisberger is a FG machine that when hot is among the leagues best. Being hot only 4 games out of a season is stealing money to me.

Hall of Famer
    Yeah. You keep thinking that

Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    So you go back ALL THE WAY to 2005? The fact that you had to go back SEVEN years is all the evidence I need. Those games mean nothing if we lose SB 40. Neil was really efficient leading up to SB 30 so does what happend in SB 30 get nullified due to prior games? NO.

Point made

Neil O'Donnell, 1995 post-season (excluding Super Bowl XXX)

44/76, 267 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT -- 68.3 rating

Ben Roethlisberger, 2005 post-season (excluding Super Bowl XL)

49/72, 680 yards, 7 TD, 1 INT -- 124.8 rating

Ben Roethlisberger, 2008 post-season (excluding Super Bowl XLIII)

33/59, 436 yards, 2 TD -- 90.8 rating

Ben Roethlisberger, 2010 post-season (excluding Super Bowl XLV)

29/51, 359 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT -- 75.5 rating

Ben Roethlisberger, 2005, 2008 and 2010 post-seasons (excluding all Super Bowls)

111/182, 1,495 yards, 11 TD, 3 INT -- 100.4 rating

Even in his least efficient Super Bowl run, Ben Roethlisberger was more efficient than Neil O'Donnell was in his only Super Bowl run. Go **** yourself, you know-nothing piece of ****.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Backup
    Post season is a short sample size. In 08 WHY didnt you list the fact that Ben had over TWENTY turnovers? Why are you so dishonest? So does his short post sesason eliminate what he did over 16 games?

Did you notice that he puts "Excluding Super Bowl" Why does he do that? Because he know Ben habitually sucks in Super Bowls and he wants to support his agenda.

look at the stats he lists. Dont his stats support my claims? My claim is that "Ben is good but not elite". Look at the stats he posted! Good stats or elite? I think we can agree that the stats are good ones and not the stats you pay someone 100 million. Ben is STEALING MONEY.

I mention Neil and he think that I"m saying "Neil is better than Ben". What an idiot. I merely said that Neil was KNOWN as an efficient Qb in regards to turnovers. SB 30 was an anomaly. Never said Neil was good. Ben is better than O'donnell, I agree. Ben is better than a backup. CONGRATULATIONS lol