Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Tomlin be sending a video to the league again after this weeks officiating?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It was nice to see the Steelers actually benefit from the bad officiating at times...specifically that big Redman run where his knee hit the turf behind the LOS...
    Yeah, we could have been spotted a few yards back from that. That said, after the phantom PI call that was completely outrageous I didn't feel so bad in benefiting from a call.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Ravens are livid over the offensive pass interference that wiped out the game winning TD. Steelers defensive backs played very physical today and could have had several more PIs called.
    I personally like the way the games are being officiated. Really can't stand the pitch-and-catch league Goodell has tried to create.
    My thoughts exactly!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that those who are calling for the return of the regular refs do not remember how poorly they officiated games.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was going to start a new thread on it, but since it is not strictly Steelers, I will bury it here.

Is it just me or do the Harbaugh brothers jaw at the refs more than any other coaches in the league?!? It absolutely drives me nuts to see them yapping in the ear of these officials after every single play!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was going to start a new thread on it, but since it is not strictly Steelers, I will bury it here.

Is it just me or do the Harbaugh brothers jaw at the refs more than any other coaches in the league?!? It absolutely drives me nuts to see them yapping in the ear of these officials after every single play!

That is my perception too. Throw enough stuff at the wall and some of it is bound to stick. They cover the wall in it.

Legend

User Info Menu

My BP goes up about a million points when I just see a photo of either of those two guys, and if there's film, I basically look for something to throw at the TV. They are so WHINY it is repulsive. It rubs off on the rest of the team ... Flacco is jerking his right hand around to call for a penalty as much as he uses it to throw the ball. There ought to be a rule like in basketball where if you complain you get a technical.

Another thing - is that how we want our kids to learn to play ... yell, pout, whine, scream when the play doesn't go their way?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ravens are livid over the offensive pass interference that wiped out the game winning TD. Steelers defensive backs played very physical today and could have had several more PIs called.
    I personally like the way the games are being officiated. Really can't stand the pitch-and-catch league Goodell has tried to create.
    The Ravens find something to whine about after every loss. They never look within their own lockerroom. They played dirty the entire game so it is fitting if they did get beat by a flag. The Ravens are pro's at diving at the opponents legs or just getting that extra little cheap shot in after plays. Watch the first two plays of the game where their defensive players were diving at Vick's legs.

F Harbaugh's whiney as5 and F the Ravens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Not a whiner, but the phantom interference calls were mind bogglin.
    Especially after watching Cromartie hold a receivers jersey on every other play.
    What was the call on the Clark hit?
    Moron threw a flag and then didnt know what to call so they flag Ike for PI?
    That was bad and I'm glad it didnt effect the outcome of the game.
    He threw the flag on Clark's hit because it was a big hit. These guys have been so sensitized to the whole safety issue that even with a completely legal big hit like that there is an almost automated reponse to throw a flag. I'll bet that on Landry's hit on Brown where Brown made the phenomenal leaping catch that if Brown wasn't up in the air that would have been a flag too.

That flag on Clark is the classic example where our reputation hurts us and everytime one of our players complains about the rules it just reinforces that image.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

That is my perception too. Throw enough stuff at the wall and some of it is bound to stick. They cover the wall in it.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He threw the flag on Clark's hit because it was a big hit. These guys have been so sensitized to the whole safety issue that even with a completely legal big hit like that there is an almost automated reponse to throw a flag. I'll bet that on Landry's hit on Brown where Brown made the phenomenal leaping catch that if Brown wasn't up in the air that would have been a flag too.

That flag on Clark is the classic example where our reputation hurts us and everytime one of our players complains about the rules it just reinforces that image.
    Are we talking about the hit on Sanchez? I was livid at the call too, but you CANNOT hit the QB in the head with anything. The rules are rules. I know it's tough the get your head in the right position when at full speed, but he did hit him in the head with his helmet. 5 years ago a no call. The rules have changed.