Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lolley: Who I like, Steelers-Jets

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Steelers 2
    Jets 0
    You can't predict a shutout...haven't you heard that LeBeau is a senile old fool who should have been put out to pasture years ago?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=RuthlessBurgher;523519You can't predict a shutout...haven't you heard that LeBeau is a senile old fool who should have been put out to pasture years ago? [/QUOTE]
    I've heard that I just don't belive it

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers 28
    Jets 13
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't had a good feeling about this year's team since the pre-season. The injury problems continue to persist. Playing without Harrison and Polamalu is never good. Their replacements aren't "above the line" as Mike Tomlin likes to say. Woodley, Worilds and Carter made very few plays against the Broncos.

DeCastro, Mendenhall and the offensive line in general aren't immune either. Ben was running for his life yet again and sacked 2 times in meaningful time and pressured many others. He's good, but Ben will not be able to overcome these injuries on the defense and offense.

Debbie Downer here:
    Steelers: 17
    Jets: 28

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-16-2012 at 08:58 AM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Jets not having Revis and having the worst rush D in the league does not bode well for them.

I will say that the Steelers need to give Dwyer more touches than Red. Dewey looked much more determined on his carries last week. Ben also needs to open up the short game a little more and the RZ O needs 6 points instead of 3 every time down. Use Heath to max advantage inside the Jets 20.

Steelers must not go 0-2 with a trip to Oakland looming. Ben needs to be flawless vs. a less-than-potent Jets D and DLB's D must be stout vs. Sanchez and create opportunities to place the ball in Ben's hands.

Final score: Steelers 38, Jets 23
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Who I like, Steelers-Jets

posted by Dale Lolley
    FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2012

This game could be all about who is not playing as much as it's about who is on the field.

For the Jets, All-Pro corner Darrelle Revis, tight end Dustin Keller and outside linebacker Bryan Thomas are out.

For the Steelers, it appears highly unlikely that Troy Polamalu and James Harrison will play. Both missed practice again Friday and are listed as questionable. But considering they haven't practiced all week, they are likely out as well.

While not having Polamalu and Harrison will obviously affect the Steelers, it says here that the Jets not having Revis and Keller is a much bigger deal.

The Jets defense is built to shut down opposing passing games with their three solid cover corners. And Revis is the best in the business.

Because the Jets don't generate much of a pass rush, they count on those corners covering. That won't happen now.

And Keller is New York quarterback Mark Sanchez's security blanket. Not having him on the field will be a major blow for New York's offense.

The Steelers will miss Polamalu and Harrison for sure, but with the Jets defense at much less than full strength, Pittsburgh should have a big advantage, especially playing at home.

Take the Steelers, 27-17

[URL]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/URL]

Well done. 27-10. Will take that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I haven't had a good feeling about this year's team since the pre-season. The injury problems continue to persist. Playing without Harrison and Polamalu is never good. Their replacements aren't "above the line" as Mike Tomlin likes to say. Woodley, Worilds and Carter made very few plays against the Broncos.

DeCastro, Mendenhall and the offensive line in general aren't immune either. Ben was running for his life yet again and sacked 2 times in meaningful time and pressured many others. He's good, but Ben will not be able to overcome these injuries on the defense and offense.

Debbie Downer here:
    Steelers: 17
    Jets: 28

Pappy
    Who is this Papillon clown? He had the score almost exact, but reversed, what a tool!

Unknown

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Who is this Papillon clown? He had the score almost exact, but reversed, what a tool!

Unknown

let's just hope this Papillon clown keeps picking against the Steelers all year long...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha