Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Godell really hate us?

Backup

User Info Menu

Does Godell really hate us?

I have this theory that Godell hates the Steelers and is a Patriot lover. This goes back to slapping the Patriot franchise on the wrist for cheating, sitting up in Pats owners box every other sunday, suspending Ben for 4 games (1 quarter of a year) and yet Ben has never been convicted of a crime. Yet thugs like Marshawn Lynch, K Britt, Donte Stallworth again barely get any punishments although they have actual charges filed, not once but several times.
    Then I take a look at this years schedule (worst opening game for us would be at Dnv; No R Clark) Then lets give them Tebow and the jets and let them fly out west again to face the Raiders. We were also given the worst bye week (4) then get Philly as a reward after bye.
    The Pats first few games and most of their schedule is a joke. Its an automatice 3-0 start. I know Godell must not sit there and make up the schedule himself but Im sure he has some input.

Just venting but I feel the Pats got away with cheating, other players get away with murder and the Steelers are Godells play toyz for punishments. I wish Godell would be ran out of this league. He may personally ruin the NFL by himself!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You are a legend in my book.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

You do realize that NFL schedules for all but 2 games are set up YEARS in advance, right? And those 2 extra games are set up so that teams that finished first in their division the previous season play 2 more first place teams, second place teams play 2 more second place teams, third place teams play 2 more third place teams, and last place teams play 2 more last place teams.

You can see for yourself who New England and the other AFC East teams will play (and where those games will be played) all the way up to the 2017 season right here: [URL]http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afce.htm[/URL]

And here is who Pittsburgh and the other AFC North teams will play (and where) up until 2017: [URL]http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcn.htm[/URL]

You can blame Goodell for a lot of things, but strength of schedule is based on a fair rotation of opponents. We play our division rivals twice each year (once at home & once on the road). We play other opponents from our conference twice in a six year cycle (once at home & once on the road). We play opponents from the other conference twice in an eight year cycle (once at home & once on the road). It's simple formula that has been in place since the league went to eight divisions with four teams in each (it prevents scheduling quirks of the past like when we played Chiefs in K.C. something like 8 times in the row back in the Cowher era).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

We should of played Denver in Pittsburgh by that schedule

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You do realize that NFL schedules for all but 2 games are set up YEARS in advance, right? And those 2 extra games are set up so that teams that finished first in their division the previous season play 2 more first place teams, second place teams play 2 more second place teams, third place teams play 2 more third place teams, and last place teams play 2 more last place teams.

You can see for yourself who New England and the other AFC East teams will play (and where those games will be played) all the way up to the 2017 season right here: [URL]http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afce.htm[/URL]

And here is who Pittsburgh and the other AFC North teams will play (and where) up until 2017: [URL]http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcn.htm[/URL]

You can blame Goodell for a lot of things, but strength of schedule is based on a fair rotation of opponents. We play our division rivals twice each year (once at home & once on the road). We play other opponents from our conference twice in a six year cycle (once at home & once on the road). We play opponents from the other conference twice in an eight year cycle (once at home & once on the road). It's simple formula that has been in place since the league went to eight divisions with four teams in each (it prevents scheduling quirks of the past like when we played Chiefs in K.C. something like 8 times in the row back in the Cowher era).
    Yes, but you are not accounting for the 2 wk period the Jigawatt-mobile was gone missing, and unaccounted for. I think time will tell that Goodell stole it then, and DID (retroactively, in the future, in a way) make up the schedule to screw us. Of course we won't be able to prove it till 2019 ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    We should of played Denver in Pittsburgh by that schedule
    I believe they made an adjustment re: the AFC West so that certain teams don't have to make 2 trips all the way out to the Pacific Coast (Oakland & San Diego) and the other teams have 2 trips only half way out West (K.C. & Denver). Looks like they split the CA teams up so that now teams make one long trip and one medium trip in those seasons when they play the AFC West (to Oakland & Denver or to San Diego & K.C.).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Scheduling aside, there are still a lot of reasons to believe Ol Rog doesnt like the Steelers. Im sure it doesnt bother him a bit that his efforts to legislate toughness and defense out of the NFL adversly affects the Steelers more so than any other team.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes. I hope that helps.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe they made an adjustment re: the AFC West so that certain teams don't have to make 2 trips all the way out to the Pacific Coast (Oakland & San Diego) and the other teams have 2 trips only half way out West (K.C. & Denver). Looks like they split the CA teams up so that now teams make one long trip and one medium trip in those seasons when they play the AFC West (to Oakland & Denver or to San Diego & K.C.).
    So when was the last time we played Denver in Pittsburgh?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

I believe you're correct about the scheduling adjustment.

And while it's not my intent to throw gasoline on the fire, I think it was Bob Kraft that suggested that adjustment.