Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaMarr Woodley promises Steelers won’t be 0-2

Legend

User Info Menu

LaMarr Woodley promises Steelers won’t be 0-2

LaMarr Woodley promises Steelers won’t be 0-2
    Posted by Michael David Smith on September 13, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT

Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley doesn’t even want to hear anyone suggest that his team could be 0-2 after Sunday’s game.

When a reporter prefaced a question to Woodley by noting that the Steelers are a loss away from their first 0-2 start in a decade, Woodley quickly cut her off.

“And we won’t be 0-2” Woodley said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Every week the mindset is to go out there and win a football game, and not start the season off bad. So far we’re 0-1, and we’ll manage to not go 0-2.”

The Steelers are favored to beat the Jets on Sunday, but given the way the Jets played in their own Week One game, it certainly wouldn’t be a shock if Woodley’s prediction fails to come true. But one positive sign for the Steelers is that the last time they started 0-2, in 2002, they still made the playoffs.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/13/lamarr-woodley-promises-steelers-wont-be-0-2/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I understand the spirit of Woodley's comments, but I'd rather the Steelers let their performance do the talking.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Somewhere down the line the Steelers will go 0-2. Let's just hope it's not this week. Losing to two AFC opponents this early would be very problematic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I understand the spirit of Woodley's comments, but I'd rather the Steelers let their performance do the talking.
    great minds obviously think alike, because that was my first thought also.

and Woodley can be the first one to do so, he was pretty invisible against Denver.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    great minds obviously think alike, because that was my first thought also.

and Woodley can be the first one to do so, he was pretty invisible against Denver.
    Very invisible. Maybe he had a facebook link inside his helmet and was on that the whole time?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And it's times like these when I wish we had the personality of a Cowher on the sideline when this team is once again struggling to find an identity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    And it's times like these when I wish we had the personality of a Cowher on the sideline when this team is once again struggling to find an identity.
    I'm curious as to why you would think that a personality like Cowher's would help that at all?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm curious as to why you would think that a personality like Cowher's would help that at all?
    Oh my. Just look back to any season he coached (except 2006 in which he mailed it in). Cowher was a master motivator, preparer, and sideline general. Let's see how Tomlin has this team ready on Sunday! I am hoping he will.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Oh my. Just look back to any season he coached (except 2006 in which he mailed it in). Cowher was a master motivator, preparer, and sideline general. Let's see how Tomlin has this team ready on Sunday! I am hoping he will.
    we're gonna unleash some hell this Sunday!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we're gonna unleash some hell this Sunday!
    Please don't say that. The Oakland loss from a few years back is still fresh in my mind.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]