I wonder if some of these rule changes are a part of why Cowher doesn't seem to be interested in coming back? Many thought that he'd be out a few years and get "the itch" again after his daughters graduated. Perhaps he looks at the current NFL landscape and sees that things have changed enough that his way doesn't work so much anymore.
Last year alone, the NFL had three 5,000+ yard passers...prior to last year, there were only two in the history of the NFL...Brees in 2008 and Marino in 1984...
And Eli Manning came within 70 yards of being a fourth 5,000+ yard passer last year...
I stay right in the studio if I was hime. Guy probably has $20M in the bank and like you said makes very high six- or low seven-figures for watching film and talking. He probably can pick up some nice change making appearances and speaking too. None of that required 18-20 hour days at the office.
1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin
2. Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
3. Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State
4. Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas
5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)
7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania