Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Defensive Personnel: Cowher Superior

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'll include Lebeau in my criticism if it makes you feel better
    There is hypocrisy in your agenda. You dont like Tomlin. So just say that. Dont make yourself look obvious when you give Cowher the Credit when Tomlin wins but Give Tomlin the blame when we lose. How does that work? Cowher/Lebeau get credit when we win so why exactly dont they deserve blame when we lose?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    There is hypocrisy in your agenda. You dont like Tomlin. So just say that. Dont make yourself look obvious when you give Cowher the Credit when Tomlin wins but Give Tomlin the blame when we lose. How does that work? Cowher/Lebeau get credit when we win so why exactly dont they deserve blame when we lose?
    You are still new to the board. You will find out that if the defense falters it is the fault of "Tomlin's draft picks" but never the "Teflon Coach" LeBeau being out of touch or not developing players. On defense it is always some one else's fault

Strange that when we went to Cowher's first Super Bowl no one ever attributes that to Noll's players, who were developed by Noll and drafted by Noll. The reality is there is still a strong anti-Tomlin sentiment below the surface on this board for you can guess what reasons. As soon as the team has a couple bad seasons it will be out in full force but Tmlin has frustrated his critics by giving them little to complain about. Therefore they use the BS argument of Cowher's guys not his as the issue to criticize him with.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Would you rather be right or sessssy?

I'm sessssy and I know it...

Now you're right!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Sad but so true

Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel View Post
    Godell wants touchdown passers. He does not want JH pile driving QBs into the ground. If he wasn't held on every freaking play, he'd have 50 sacks.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You are still new to the board. You will find out that if the defense falters it is the fault of "Tomlin's draft picks" but never the "Teflon Coach" LeBeau being out of touch or not developing players. On defense it is always some one else's fault

Strange that when we went to Cowher's first Super Bowl no one ever attributes that to Noll's players, who were developed by Noll and drafted by Noll. The reality is there is still a strong anti-Tomlin sentiment below the surface on this board for you can guess what reasons. As soon as the team has a couple bad seasons it will be out in full force but Tmlin has frustrated his critics by giving them little to complain about. Therefore they use the BS argument of Cowher's guys not his as the issue to criticize him with.
    A great post. Thank you for the education

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Strange that when we went to Cowher's first Super Bowl no one ever attributes that to Noll's players, who were developed by Noll and drafted by Noll.
    Also strange that no one ever attributes the Steelers' SB appearances since the 70s to the one common thread in all of them (including XXX)...Coach Dick LeBeau coordinating the defense...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Also strange that no one ever attributes the Steelers' SB appearances since the 70s to the one common thread in all of them (including XXX)...Coach Dick LeBeau coordinating the defense...
    ....I wonder why that is????

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Exactly what Agenda are you talking about? I simply listed our current starters on this defense and outlined which coaching era they were drafted from or developed from. It's a simple fact. I'm calling it as I see it without the Steelers goggles on.

By the contrary, Tomlin has been superior with drafting and developing offensive talent IMO. It's like we did a 180 on drafting. Yes, it could have to do with the rule changes but that's not the only reason....I'm also not saying that Lebeau isn't the problem. The reality is that Tomlin is the HC. So, if he isn't satisfied with Lebeau's development of young talent then he needs to resolve the issue. Or, he could ask Rooney to let Lebeau walk like he did with Arians.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Exactly what Agenda are you talking about? I simply listed our current starters on this defense and outlined which coaching era they were drafted from or developed from. It's a simple fact. I'm calling it as I see it without the Steelers goggles on.

By the contrary, Tomlin has been superior with drafting and developing offensive talent IMO. It's like we did a 180 on drafting. Yes, it could have to do with the rule changes but that's not the only reason....I'm also not saying that Lebeau isn't the problem. The reality is that Tomlin is the HC. So, if he isn't satisfied with Lebeau's development of young talent then he needs to resolve the issue. Or, he could ask Rooney to let Lebeau walk like he did with Arians.
    I find one difference in the D players drafted by BC versus Tomlin is that Tomlin spends high picks on DEs, something BC never did.
    I like both coaches but it s my opinion that the nature of our defense does not require high draft picks at that position.
    I wonder whether Tomlins background as a 4-3 guy plays into that tenancy.

I find it funny that people blame the loss of Aaron Smith for any defensive struggles. How about the aging and loss of our best tackler of the decade (Farrior), injuries and loss of the best tackling OLB in the league (Harrison), the loss of our top tackler of last season in BOTH Denver losses (Clark). Look at the difference made with just "ONE" of that trio back.

Those criticizing Tomlin need to remember BC had Harrison one the bench for YEARS while Clark HAGGINS was starting at one OLB position. YIKES!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher