Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darrell Revis may miss Steeler game - Boston Herald

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Darrell Revis may miss Steeler game - Boston Herald

MILD CONCUSSION:
    Yeah and Tom Brady was questionable all last year too right??
    Sounds like a BellyChick move to me Mr. Ryan

[url]http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20120911darrelle_revis_may_miss_steelers_game/srvc=sports&position=recent_bullet[/url]
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If I'm the Jets, I'd put Revis on Brown and double Wally.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jets won't need Revis to beat the Steelers anyway. If the Steelers defend like they did last week, Sanchez will look like the league MVP.

Backup

User Info Menu

It's amazing everyone over reacts over one game. We were without Clark and Harrison on defense. Get them back and we will be fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Revis still not practicing. I don't wish injury on anybody, but I'd certainly like to see Revis out of the lineup this weekend.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Revis still not practicing. I don't wish injury on anybody, but I'd certainly like to see Revis out of the lineup this weekend.
    It would certainly make the game easier to win

Backup

User Info Menu

Per PFT. Revis is out for Sunday

Legend

User Info Menu

Darrelle Revis sidelined for Week 2

Updated: September 14, 2012
    By Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, tight end Dustin Keller and linebacker Bryan Thomas are scratched for Sunday's game at Pittsburgh, coach Rex Ryan announced Friday.

Revis, a perrenial Pro Bowl player, sustained a mild concussion when he was kicked in the head by teammate Bart Scott in last Sunday's win over Buffalo and was diagnosed Monday. He was cleared for non-contact practice but has not been cleared for contact.

Ryan said the decision to sit him Sunday was a medical decision. Kyle Wilson will start in Revis' place.

"We'll always follow NFL protocol when it comes to concussions," Revis said. "I'm doing tests every day, doing the best I can to get back." He added Friday that he feels better and continues to improve.

This is the first concussion Revis has ever had, so he said the protocol he is following is unfamiliar to him. He practiced with the team Friday for the first time all week, in non-contact drills only.

"I felt good, it felt good to get out there," he said.

Neither Revis, Keller nor Thomas will make the trip to Pittsburgh. Keller has a hamstring injury sustained Wednesday in practice. He was not of the field Friday and the team signed TE Dedrick Epps to the active roster to fill his roster spot. Ryan said he hoped Keller woud be able to play in Week 3.

"The guys that step up and replace a guy have to maintain that level or even a little better," Ryan said. "In this case we'll take a little less, with the Darrelle Revis deal.

"It's just best that (Keller) sit out, miss this game and then hopefully be ready to go next week," Ryan said.

Thomas also has a hamstring injury and worked off to the side Friday. Although Thomas after practice expressed a desire to play, the Jets determined he wasn't ready. Garrett McIntyre will fill Thomas' role.

Meanwhile, the Jets (1-0) also ruled out guard Dennis Landolt (knee). Cornerback Isaiah Trufant (ankle) and fullback John Conner (knee) are questionable.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8378258/new-york-jets-darrelle-revis-ruled-vs-pittsburgh-steelers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Darrelle Revis sidelined for Week 2

Updated: September 14, 2012
    By Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, tight end Dustin Keller and linebacker Bryan Thomas are scratched for Sunday's game at Pittsburgh, coach Rex Ryan announced Friday.

Revis, a perrenial Pro Bowl player, sustained a mild concussion when he was kicked in the head by teammate Bart Scott in last Sunday's win over Buffalo and was diagnosed Monday. He was cleared for non-contact practice but has not been cleared for contact.

Ryan said the decision to sit him Sunday was a medical decision. Kyle Wilson will start in Revis' place.

"We'll always follow NFL protocol when it comes to concussions," Revis said. "I'm doing tests every day, doing the best I can to get back." He added Friday that he feels better and continues to improve.

This is the first concussion Revis has ever had, so he said the protocol he is following is unfamiliar to him. He practiced with the team Friday for the first time all week, in non-contact drills only.

"I felt good, it felt good to get out there," he said.

Neither Revis, Keller nor Thomas will make the trip to Pittsburgh. Keller has a hamstring injury sustained Wednesday in practice. He was not of the field Friday and the team signed TE Dedrick Epps to the active roster to fill his roster spot. Ryan said he hoped Keller woud be able to play in Week 3.

"The guys that step up and replace a guy have to maintain that level or even a little better," Ryan said. "In this case we'll take a little less, with the Darrelle Revis deal.

"It's just best that (Keller) sit out, miss this game and then hopefully be ready to go next week," Ryan said.

Thomas also has a hamstring injury and worked off to the side Friday. Although Thomas after practice expressed a desire to play, the Jets determined he wasn't ready. Garrett McIntyre will fill Thomas' role.

Meanwhile, the Jets (1-0) also ruled out guard Dennis Landolt (knee). Cornerback Isaiah Trufant (ankle) and fullback John Conner (knee) are questionable.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8378258/new-york-jets-darrelle-revis-ruled-vs-pittsburgh-steelers[/URL]

That's three key players for the Jets. Should balance Harrison and Troy not playing.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure now if the Jets put Cromartie on Wallace and Kyle Wilson on Brown or vice versa.

We should be able to attack Ellis Lankster and Isaiah Trufant with Manny Sanders and former Jet Jerricho Cotchery, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.