Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not to start a ****e storm, but Dwyer....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not to start a ****e storm, but Dwyer....

9 carries, 43 yards,4.77 yards per carry, 11 yard run called back by penalty. A couple of missed assignments.

Redman:

11 rushes, 20 yards, 1.8 yards per carry.

Shouldn't Dwyer get the bulk of the carries going forward?
    Last edited by BigRob; 09-11-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dwyer looked very good. He's got some nifty feet and seems to enjoy contact. I like that combination.

That said, Redman has had a couple very nice games himself in his career. It's still a total toss up at this point.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I pretty much agree, but you have to go with the hot hand. Dwyer seems to have it **** figured out now.

Legend

User Info Menu

it looked to me as if Redman is still dealing with his injuries, let Dwyer start until Redman can get healthy again.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no problem with a reasonable near 50-50 split for the time being, until Mendenhall is ready to rock.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I have no problem with a reasonable near 50-50 split for the time being, until Mendenhall is ready to rock.
    I think you gotta see how the game goes and feed the rock to the guy making the difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I think you gotta see how the game goes and feed the rock to the guy making the difference.
    Good point. Other than a few creative run calls (the one where Pouncey did the 360 to pull to his left and the one where Rainey was somehow lead blocking for Brown on an end around), this last game it felt like we were running just to establish some semblence of a run threat to set up play action later.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    9 carries, 43 yards,4.77 yards per carry, 11 yard run called back by penalty. A couple of missed assignments.

Redman:

11 rushes, 20 yards, 1.8 yards per carry.

Shouldn't Dwyer get the bulk of the carries going forward?

The answer is yes until he starts to fail then it is next man up. That is RB by Committee. However, I would not be trusting Redman until I see more. The past is the past and it is about who is doing what now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed: Dwyer in Line for More Chances Sunday

TUESDAY, 11 SEPTEMBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Some impressions from today’s Mike Tomlin press conference:

--- Jonathan Dwyer will get more carries Sunday against the Jets, although I don’t think he will start. And, naturally, if Isaac Redman plays well, that could change based on his performance early-on.

“I thought Jonathan Dwyer provided a spark play and represented himself well and will probably get an increased opportunity because of it,’’ Tomlin said.

--- His quote of the day, when asked if he could evaluate the scab officials: “I’m not going to do that. I’m going to keep my money in my pocket.”

--- While he described “pretty good news” on the injury front, there really was no news on James Harrison’s knee.

“James Harrison worked out yesterday. He will run tomorrow, and we will see where he is. We will basically follow the same protocol with him that we did last week. We will work him up to activity and see how his knee responds to that activity. We will let that be our guide in terms of his participation.”

Harrison’s knee did not respond well to that protocol last week and he did not play.

--- He would not reveal who his backup long-snapper is. Got to keep those other special teams coaches guessing, so they apparently will be confused if something happens to Greg Warren and he cannot snap for punts or placekicks.

“I’ll hold my cards in that regard at this time.”

--- He did not mention Rashard Mendenhall among the injured. When asked about him, Tomlin said:

“We’ll see how the week takes us. I thought he had a good week last week. He’s done a nice job with the things we’ve asked him to do and we’ll just continue to move forward and put our heads together as the week unfolds and see if he’s the guy for us this week.”

--- He, as usual, made the New York Jets out to be the team to beat in the next Super Bowl:

“They are a rock solid team. They have great balance. They have good players in all three phases.”

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118001-ed-dwyer-in-line-for-more-chances-sunday[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Dwyer is more versatile. With Redman, most of our playbook is limited. He cant run a sweep, counter or screen. He isnt valuable catching the ball out of the backfield. We can ony run dives, sprint draws and draws with him. Mendenhall was far superior but in his absense we need to go with dwyer and use Redman on short downs.