Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Not to start a ****e storm, but Dwyer....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Source: The Sports XChange

Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jonathan Dwyer is expected to receive increased playing time during Week 2 against the New York Jets after being the team's only effective back during Week 1 against the Denver Broncos. Head coach Mike Tomlin said Dwyer has earned 'increased opportunity' because of his Week 1 effort. As a team, the Steelers ran 26 times for 75 yards, a 2.9-yard average. Dwyer toted the ball nine times for 43 yards.
    Why do I know more than the team does about itself? I have been screaming for JD to get more touches, and yet, they didn't see that before this game was played? They should hire me.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Why do I know more than the team does about itself? I have been screaming for JD to get more touches, and yet, they didn't see that before this game was played? They should hire me.
    I agree, they should hire you.

Maybe then, you wouldn't have time to post here...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll give you props, you have been consistently saying this since Day 1.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Retire his jersey already..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Thanks dude. It sounds like Tomlin is finally going to give this guy some touches, and I predict he will do so well that we won't be wanting to rush RM back. He brings some things RM does not.

Legend

User Info Menu

JD will prove better. Just my prognostication.
    I was thinking more along the lines of how Haley's trying to evolve the passing game. And running out of 3/4 WR sets. I still like Mendy the best in space. JD seems to be doing a nice job of making space for himself in traffic. I still wish they'd nickname JD - Moses. Cause everytime he touches the ball, the defense parts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    And before

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of how Haley's trying to evolve the passing game. And running out of 3/4 WR sets. I still like Mendy the best in space. JD seems to be doing a nice job of making space for himself in traffic. I still wish they'd nickname JD - Moses. Cause everytime he touches the ball, the defense parts.
    I was thinking it makes sense to get Rainey out in space, cause he certainly won't break tackles at the line.

Legend

User Info Menu

uhh, am I missing something you are seeing? Here is Dwyer's rushes for the game (plays that counted):

2, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 3, 9. ... big yds didn't come until late when Denver D was gassed for playing half the night.

and Redman:

3, 0, 3, -6, 3, 2, 5, 6, 4, 3, 3, -1

So it wasn't like a mandate Dwyer made over Redman.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Player Profile: Jonathan Dwyer

September 11, 2012

Jonathan Dwyer led the Pittsburgh Steelers’ ground attack in the season opener Sunday in Denver, gaining 43 yards on nine carries.

Today, we learn a little more about the Steelers running back.

Who is Jonathan Dwyer?

Dwyer was Parade All-American high school football player while playing at Kell High School in Marietta, Ga.

After being named the Georgia Player of the Year in 2007 he committed to play his college football at nearby Georgia Tech.

While at Georgia Tech, Dwyer was named to the ACC All-Freshman team in 2007 before claiming the ACC Player of the Year after gaining over 1,300 yards and scoring 12 touchdowns for the Yellow Jackets in 2008.

How he became a Steeler?

Dwyer became a Pittsburgh Steeler on April 24, 2010, when he was drafted in the 6th round.

Dwyer was the 188th player and 11th running back selected in the 2010 draft. He made the Steelers’ 53-man roster the following September.

His career as a Steeler:

Dwyer made his NFL debut in Week 17 of the 2010 season, running for 28 yards on nine carries against the Cleveland Browns.

The running back played in just seven games last season for the Steelers, collecting his first career 100-yard rushing performance in Week 5 against the Tennessee Titans.

Dwyer totaled 107 yards on the ground that Sunday, including a career long 76-yard run, while filling in for an injured Rashard Mendenhall.

After a third straight successful preseason, Dwyer figures to be in the mix again in the Steelers’ backfield this season as Mendenhall continues to work his way back from off-season knee surgery.

It is unknown whether or not Mendenhall will be able to play in the home opener against the Jets.

If he does not though, expect to see a lot more from Dwyer again this Sunday.

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/09/11/steelers-player-profile-jonathan-dwyer/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha