Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not to start a ****e storm, but Dwyer....

Legend

User Info Menu

Insufficient data to draw a good conclusion.

Take a closer look at the run game; according to one analysis the Steelers nemesis was 2nd down runs which averaged a full yard less than runs on 1st or 3rd downs. In otherwords, Redman got all the tough carries and Dwyer comes in for cleanup. There were at least 5 runs with no yds gained, all but one on 2nd down. The OL was being stood up. Starks was the only guy who I think outperformed,based on his injury status and who he faced.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bettis would have had trouble picking up any yards behind that Oline on Sunday.

Backup

User Info Menu

Barry Sanders never had a good line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's Barry Sanders. One of a kind, like Troy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Barry Sanders never had a good line.

Barry Sanders was also, ya know....Barry Sanders.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Insufficient data to draw a good conclusion.

Take a closer look at the run game; according to one analysis the Steelers nemesis was 2nd down runs which averaged a full yard less than runs on 1st or 3rd downs. In otherwords, Redman got all the tough carries and Dwyer comes in for cleanup. There were at least 5 runs with no yds gained, all but one on 2nd down. The OL was being stood up. Starks was the only guy who I think outperformed,based on his injury status and who he faced.
    Your analysis is incorrect and makes big assumptions. Correlation does not equal causation. Redman struggled on 2nd down carries. That doesn't mean that Dwyer would have as well.

You have to take the whole body of work of each back. Dwyer earned a shot at more carries, and Tomlin agrees. He outperformed Redman.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    He's Barry Sanders. One of a kind, like Troy.
    Agree wholeheartedly

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone want to know my opinion on this one?

Starter

User Info Menu

Dwyer or Redman, it dosent matter. Fact of the matter is Mendenhall is heads and tails better than both of those backs. When Mendenhall is fully healthy I think he can be an absolute beast in this new offense. I doubt you see Mendy until after the early bye. But once hes back, I think this committee approach will be over. Until then, my guess is they start Redman, but Dwyer eventually gets more carries as they go with the hot hand.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Anyone want to know my opinion on this one?
    maybe you should start a new thread and explain it to us...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha