Thread: Friday Injury Update

Backup

User Info Menu

Friday Injury Update

It looks like JH. RM and TP will sit until after the bye-week...I think its the right move...

Steelers.com

The Steelers Friday injury update:

Out: LB James Harrison (knee), RB Rashard Mendenhall (knee), S Troy Polamalu (calf), LB Stevenson Sylvester (knee)
    Questionable: T Mike Adams (back)
    Probable: RB Jonathan Dwyer (toe), T Marcus Gilbert (groin), QB Byron Leftwich (illness), TE Heath Miller (abdomen), WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee), WR Mike Wallace (groin)

SF

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It looks like it's JD's last chance to really shine, before RM gets back after the bye. He can't really shine with an O line that plays so sh-tty. It sucks that by the time he gets the ball he has 2-3 defenders already on him. No one can succeed with OL play that bad. It's so pathetic.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Mike Adams can't go, then our only backup OL will be Legursky and Beachum. If Gilbert's iffy groin acts up during the game, I'd imagine that they'd have to make the dreaded "move-two-guys-to-fill-one-spot" manuever, moving Colon back to RT to fill in (Starks-Legursky-Pouncey-Foster-Colon...yecch.). Even though Beachum was a tackle at SMU, I wouldn't trust him there just yet, unless a second OL went down like in the Denver game.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Mike Adams can't go, then our only backup OL will be Legursky and Beachum. If Gilbert's iffy groin acts up during the game, I'd imagine that they'd have to make the dreaded "move-two-guys-to-fill-one-spot" manuever, moving Colon back to RT to fill in (Starks-Legursky-Pouncey-Foster-Colon...yecch.). Even though Beachum was a tackle at SMU, I wouldn't trust him there just yet, unless a second OL went down like in the Denver game.
    Why not just move Foster out to RT? I think he might be a better fit at RT after seeing him there in the preseason.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Why not just move Foster out to RT? I think he might be a better fit at RT after seeing him there in the preseason.
    Or there's that...just saying that neither Legursky nor Beachum would be able to fill in at tackle at this point if one of them goes down...we'd have to move someone else to tackle (Colon or Foster), even though coaches hate to make 2 moves to fill in 1 hole.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that's exactly what we would do if Gilbert was injured.

and if Starks got hurt Gilbert would move to LT and Foster would still go to RT with Legursky at RG.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I think that's exactly what we would do if Gilbert was injured.

and if Starks got hurt Gilbert would move to LT and Foster would still go to RT with Legursky at RG.
    Starks going down would be the dreaded triple lindy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Starks going down would be the dreaded triple lindy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Them carrying Decastro on the active roster given our already thinning O-line is a sign that they must think he (Decastro) can come back in time and make a contribution.

Legend

User Info Menu

He can't really shine with an O line that plays so sh-tty. It sucks that by the time he gets the ball he has 2-3 defenders already on him. No one can succeed with OL play that bad. It's so pathetic.
    Now that I can agree with..
    BTW,what the F_CK is wrong with Adams now?