Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning Vs Ben

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

Manning Vs Ben

We lost for a number of reasons. But the biggest reason is that Peyton Manning outplayed Ben. Simple.

Backup

User Info Menu

I mean Peyton single handedly beat us (grrrr). I have heard for years that Ben gets sacked because of Arians, the Line etc etc. We have upgraded the line (even before DC got hurt) and Ben is still getting sacked. Upgraded the line, Arians is gone, the sacks still exist. Just like it did when Wiz was with us. Multiple sacks under Wiz, Arians and 5 under Haley. Is it the Oc? The line? or Ben? I think the answer is obvious.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I mean Peyton single handedly beat us (grrrr). I have heard for years that Ben gets sacked because of Arians, the Line etc etc. We have upgraded the line (even before DC got hurt) and Ben is still getting sacked. Upgraded the line, Arians is gone, the sacks still exist. Just like it did when Wiz was with us. Multiple sacks under Wiz, Arians and 5 under Haley. Is it the Oc? The line? or Ben? I think the answer is obvious.
    Do you realize that Ben was not sacked for a long while to start the game? They got two more bull**** sacks at the end of the game when we had subs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Do you realize that Ben was not sacked for a long while to start the game? They got two more bull**** sacks at the end of the game when we had subs.

What difference does it make when they happened? They still happened. It's like the old argument of taking away a RB's longest carry and saying their YPC wasn't as good without it.

Ben got sacked 3 times to end the game. Maybe something should have been done differently after the 1st of them to avoid the next 2???

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    What difference does it make when they happened? They still happened. It's like the old argument of taking away a RB's longest carry and saying their YPC wasn't as good without it.

Ben got sacked 3 times to end the game. Maybe something should have been done differently after the 1st of them to avoid the next 2???
    At that point in the game, down multiple scores with little time left and no timeouts, the only possible prayer of a chance of victory was an 80 yard TD pass followed by an onside kick recovery, and a ultimately a hail mary game winner. At the point when those last several sacks happened, Ben wasn't playing like he played in the first 3 quarters anymore...he didn't have the option of a checkdown to his outlet anymore...he was holding the ball and hoping for some Ben magic on a bomb...and the pass rushers (who were just pinning their ears back) got to him. So, yeah, the situation matters.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How can you posess the football for almost the entire 3rd quarter and come away with only 3 points. SMH! But yet it's the defense's fault....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Exactly right. One sack in the entire first half. More than half the sacks came in mop-up at the end of the game when the Broncs knew they had to pass. Some people have a hard time assimilating what their eyes are seeing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, Peyton didn't turn the ball over while Ben threw a pick 6 when he had 3 minutes to go an an opportunity to win the game, so that was the ultimately the most striking difference in the game. But Ben wasn't exactly awful. He was an insane 10 for 11 on 3rd downs with 9 of them converted into 1st downs. Even Peyton himself told Ben after the game, "You were awesome on 3rd down tonight" (during that mic'ed up segment at halftime of MNF last night). And it wasn't like he was just taking horrible sacks all game long...he pretty much was taking what the defense was giving him all game long...3 sacks happened on consecutive when they were down 2 scores with under 2 minutes to go and no timeouts in pure desperation mode and the D could just pin their ears back against an offensive line with a completely new right side.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    We lost for a number of reasons. But the biggest reason is that Peyton Manning outplayed Ben. Simple.
    Imagine that!! A 36 year old QB, who has missed an entire season recovering from a broken neck and a paralyzed arm, on his first game back can out play our "elite" QB in his prime and the reason why we ever win a game! Go figure.....

Sadly enough! There are plenty of posters on this board that will still argue to their last breath that Ben is a better QB than Peyton Manning. Go figure....

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben also got a fumble recovery and a good return by Brown to put him in Bronco territory both times. 1 Fg to show for it. Yes, he was awesome on third down. I too heard Peyton tell him that in the miced session. The fact is that the sack problem still exists despite the line changes. Despite the firing of Arians. He had them with Wiz, Arians and so far with Haley. Stop the excuses, its obvious. Ben has got to learn to consistently take what the defense gives him. Frickin Flacco has more win than Ben since 08. Flacco IS NOT BETTER THAN BEN! Nor does he have a better team. But I will say that he is smarter than Ben (Based on decision making and ability to process the information quicker)